Yet another track cleaning question.

Chessie1973

Nov 22, 2003
Tacoma, Washinton
Visit site
I have read probably every track cleaning thread here at the guage so I know how to clean my rails quite well.

What I am actually asking about is where I can find a soft pad style cleaning car like the Walthers 40 foot boxcar with a bright boy on the bottom.

I have the bright boy version of the walthers car but I am wanting to set up a "cleaning train" that utiliazes a bright boy in the front with a wet pad following and a dry pad after that .

I could kick myself for not buying the Caboose I saw at my LHS two weeks ago that had exactly what I was looking for on it.

What I am actually wanting to do possibly is make a MOW train that is my cleaning train. I may actually make my own if I cant find one commercially made.

It would not be hard at all to kitbash myself a few Blue box kits into a MOW train to clean my track after all.

CN1

May 6, 2003
I was thinking the same thing!! I have the " train-line" (?) 40' box car, cleaning car from Walthers (?) it's working great!! I was thinking of doing a MOW train too.

Let me know what you find.

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Design From The Robber Barron Shops

Save yer bucks :D ....This one will work better :) Leaving the measurements up to you!!! :) :D

Attachments

• CLEANER.gif
    CLEANER.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 64
F

Fred_M

Those (Masonite drags) work nice and can be easily fitted to about any piece of rolling stock. Mine is on a bachmann bobber caboose with proto 2000 wheels and 2 ounces of weight in it. It never derails and I didn't worry about ruining a nice car. I had one of the Walthers and it sometimes had trouble on points. FRED