Yet Another Inquiry... (RTR P40)

trainwhiz20

Aug 9, 2004
Tampa, FL
Amtrak Locomotive DCC

Hey everybody! :wave:

Okay, I have another outlandish question.

I am looking for an Amtrak locomotive to lead my consist of American Orient Express cars, as they do in the real world.

I've been searching around, and I've found the Walther's Trainline Luxury Liner HO set. It contains 3 Superliners and a "Pepsi" scheme Dash 8-40B! (What I've always wanted!)

If I were to purchase this, does anyone know how to convert to locomotive to DCC? Just a simple decoder. I've had no experience installing one, except for a 2-8-0 Plug N' Play, which was pretty easy considering some of the hookups I've seen people do.

I'd really appreciate an answer guys! I think I'll get a better deal getting the set because I'll get an engine and three cars for almost the price of one AMD-103.

Muchas Gracias! (<Spanish Exam next week!)

*lol* :D

Happy Holidays!

P.S. What do ya'll think of that new Athearn GP40 in Amtrak colors? Not too shabby, eh? Might be easier with the decoder already installed, but this set is a better deal, no? :cool:

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
A lot of people consider Walthers "Trainline" to that of Bachman.I have a Trainline PA and I think that they aren't that bad. Run pretty smooth, quiet, more like a Life-Like PK1.As far as DCC..I'm still old school and haven't converted yet, and haven't taken the PA apart, so I couldn't tell you how to convert it. Someone here thats DCC savy could probably help you.
Amtrac P-40? You must be talking about the Acela scheme. Only seen pics of the real thing.