Yes, its open

shamus

Registered Member
Well Guys & Gals, you asked for it, and its ready for use.
So, whos going to start the ball rolling :D
Shamus

jon-monon

When Operations was approved, and Dave said "who's the expert?" I raised my hand to say that I don't know anything about it, but before I could speak, Dave said, "Good, you're the new moderator!"

So I tickled Shamus's ear with a feather, and when he scratched it, Dave said, "Good, we've got two!"

Welcome to your new forum, guys!

Ty Rayles

I'm getting ready to hit the road in the morning but I'll be sure to check in here when I get home! Thanks to those involved with getting this forum up and running. :)

Tad

I'm definitely glad to see this forum open. I'm sure that there will be many interesting topics here.

TR-Flyer

Thanks "The-Guage" Shamus and Jon

Just wanted to thank everyone for this catagory. As some of you regulars know, i run S-gauge Flyer stuff mostly. Even though i "just play with trains", this topic is where most of my interest lies. The modeling is satisfying, and i don't mind building benchwork and such. But my favorite part of Railroading is operating the trains.

Just getting started in this arena, bought the book "Realistic Model Railroad Operation" by Tony Koester. I now have LOTS of questions and as soon as i can formulate a coherent one i'll post it.

Mean time, i think i'll start a thread, similar to Jon's for links, for useful books.

BTW Jon, you're now moderating about half the topics hereabouts, do you like,...... have a REAL job? Ya know, something in the 1:1 world?

Thanks guys, this place is great.

Regard'S',
Ted

jon-monon

Re: Thanks "The-Guage" Shamus and Jon

Originally posted by TR-Flyer
BTW Jon, you're now moderating about half the topics hereabouts, do you like,...... have a REAL job? Ya know, something in the 1:1 world?

LOL Ted, I try to stay away from 1:1 as much as I can; it's crazy out there! Lots of mean people and acetone doesn't help! :D :D :D

Tileguy

Thanks to Dave for setting things up,and to Jon and shamus for being the watchdogs ;)
I believe this will be a valuable addition to the forum and was badly needed as operations for modelers are beginning to see a very positive growth in our hobby.

I did an article on a simple operations setup in the general talk forum.
Jon, perhaps you could get Mikey to move it in here :)
If he moves it in here i will do another one and move up the ladder in years as changes were made in operating theory and practice.eventually i will end up with our new bible to operations from Tony K(i know some like him and some dont,but most will at least admit he really knows his stuff when it comes to operations.of course we also know who taught him ;) )

As a member of the Ry ops sig(we have a couple others in here i know about) there are some interesting topics that get tossed about.Many of the folks in that sig are knowledgable about operations far beyond mine and others in here.They are not a prudish group,but friendly and helpful. anything anyone asks that i or others cannot answer,i will try to find an answer for through them.They really are a great bunch of folks :)

Enjoy the new Ops Forum people:thumb:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Congratulations people.:wave: I'm not into operations, I have all to do but to learn the basics of building a railroad, nevermind trying to run it.:rolleyes:

But I will stop by from time to time and see if anything rubs off on me. Who knows...:D

Good luck on a successful ops forum