Yamaha YZF-R1M Ultra Realistic Model

Tonino

Apr 15, 2004
Republic of San Marino
www.facebook.com
Very sorry to hear... this is the real nightmare of any father-modeller... I know how do you feel now, I know very well :(
Please stop for a while... before you take any decision. Tomorrow you will see the things in a new light.
:)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
@retunga I am very sorry to hear such. If it is any consolation, I know the feeling of loosing a model to the destructive power of a child. When I was in the middle of test build, the colleague (and her family) of my ex-wife came over for dinner. My ex-wife's colleague decided that it was OK to let her 6 year old son play with the model (and a few other models) to play with. He proceeded to destroyed all of them. Needless to say, I was furious :realmad::realmad::realmad:. My ex-wife and her colleague had said that it was no big deal and could not understand why I was so upset. They also said that I could always rebuild it since it was only paper and not a "real" model.

My advice is to not let this discourage you from continuing to build. You are a GREAT builder and you do FANTASTIC work! After you have cleared your head of this incident, go back to building again. Everyone here GREATLY ENJOYS seeing your work!!!

Reactions: retunga

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
@retunga : Oh, dear, I'm so sorry to read this. I agree with Rhaven. He has also proven that such an event can produce even better results. Rhaven not only re-built his fleet, he improved it and with every build he has got closer to perfection. :)

@retungaMy ex-wife and her colleague had said that it was no big deal and could not understand why I was so upset. They also said that I could always rebuild it since it was only paper and not a "real" model.
I would have given the colleague a print of the model and insisted on him re-building it instantly. That would certainly have affected his attitude towards paper modeling. ;)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Been there. It's virtually impossible to imagine building again. No apologies necessary, it was fun to watch!! :)

Reactions: retunga

d5j4vu

Apr 6, 2015
take a deep breathe, you'll find strengh to start again! remember, the process is beautiful.