Yamaha VMAX

atamjeet

Hi everyone :wave:
I am back :mrgreen: .It has been almost 18 months since I have even touched my Paper modeling Tools :cry:, but I am still very much enthusiastic about trying new models.
When I was in Singapore for business 2 months back, on my way to the Hotel I saw a young man proudly riding my dream bike "Yamaha VMAX" and I couldn't resist myself to take a picture of that scene (please refer the attached picture).
The next day I came back to my Malaysia for work and tried to find an offset printing shop which could print for me this paper model I downloaded free from yamaha website on a 210GSM matt paper only to find that no one wants to experiment this paper on their "expensive" printers.
I flew to my home country India to get the printing done from Mumbai and to no surprise, I got the best printings on the paper I wanted.
Finally, I am back to Kuala Lumpur and looking forward to start this model provided I get some time from my busy office routine.
This is a very detailed model and looks to be very challenging. I would love to see this model completed. I would also try to utilize the unique skills / methods I have learnt from some very talented set of Paper Modelers on this awesome forum.
Wish me luck guys and I will keep updating this thread as I progress with my bike :mrgreen:

Attachments

• P1040228.jpg
    P1040228.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 13

atamjeet

So, 30th Oct 2010, started with the most complicated and challenging section - 'The Engine'. It has 189 parts.

IMG00199-20101030-0106.jpg

IMG00200-20101030-0126.jpg

IMG00201-20101030-0258.jpg

alang

Atamjeet

Good to see you back in the real world (!) of paper. That VMAX in Singapore was a good catch, though it looks a lot more like the 1998 model than the 2009 version you are constructing.

Good luck with your model, though I am sure you do not really need it. The engine is indeed complicated and challenging, though I found it went together quite well. I did have some fit problems later on (with the rear frame and the side air intakes, particularly) - perhaps I may mention those when you get to them, in case it helps.

Best wishes,
Alan

atamjeet

Atamjeet

Good to see you back in the real world (!) of paper. That VMAX in Singapore was a good catch, though it looks a lot more like the 1998 model than the 2009 version you are constructing.

Good luck with your model, though I am sure you do not really need it. The engine is indeed complicated and challenging, though I found it went together quite well. I did have some fit problems later on (with the rear frame and the side air intakes, particularly) - perhaps I may mention those when you get to them, in case it helps.

Best wishes,
Alan

Thanks for the alert there :p
Yes I had made Yamaha Dragstar Classic 11 and I had problem in fitting the engine inside the frame. I believe there will always be some difficulties in the fitting part for its such a compilcted and beautifully detailed model.
My ultimate desire is to start designing my own models one day, but for that I would need to learn alot of softwares :)
Amyways, one day at a time...
This time my plan is to cut all the parts first. Stage 2 would be to fold the cuts and color the edges. and final stage would be the use of glue to give this beauty a shape :)

atamjeet

Finished cutting the engine parts and the rear tyre... It took me much more time than I anticipated. Anyways, this bike is going to be a very interesting project, I can really foresee that.
There are no pictures to upload yet since I haven't started the actual build yet... I'll first cut all the parts and only then will start the building...