Yamaha Ultra Realistic MT-01

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by Drewbot47, Jan 3, 2007.

1. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Nothing to stop you designing your own tyres for these models. You could keep the contruction similar to the Yamaha items, but add more sections, or split the tyre up radially, or you could just laminate a stack of disks together, drench it in glue or resin and then sandpaper to shape. You would have to paint the surface of course.

Or, if you want an ULTRA ULTRA ULTRA realistic Yamaha, do what I did.....

[​IMG]

Tim
  2. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Nothing to stop you designing your own tyres for these models. You could keep the contruction similar to the Yamaha items, but add more sections, or split the tyre up radially, or you could just laminate a stack of disks together, drench it in glue or resin and then sandpaper to shape. You would have to paint the surface of course.

Or, if you want an ULTRA ULTRA ULTRA realistic Yamaha, do what I did.....

[​IMG]

Tim
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I really like the tires on that one, Tim!
    They look so real!:grin:

Russell
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I really like the tires on that one, Tim!
    They look so real!:grin:

Russell
  5. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Hi Russ, thanks! Shame the ink started to run out when it got to the tread pattern! And I really should have replaced the cartidge before doing the road surface!

Tim
  6. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Hi Russ, thanks! Shame the ink started to run out when it got to the tread pattern! And I really should have replaced the cartidge before doing the road surface!

Tim
  7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

You cheated wunwinglow... no plastic kits here.

=p
  8. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

You cheated wunwinglow... no plastic kits here.

=p
  9. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

HaHa! Ain't that the truth!! I must get some crash bungs fitted sometime; If I ever drop it and ding the fairing, those 'plastic' bits are going to cost an arm and a leg to replace! Lets just hope they don't LITERALLY cost me an arm and a leg....

I'll dig out the files for this model and print out the wheels, see if I can't 'rhino' up a tyre or two. Thanks Atamjeet for firing up my enthusiasm for these kits again!

Tim
  10. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

HaHa! Ain't that the truth!! I must get some crash bungs fitted sometime; If I ever drop it and ding the fairing, those 'plastic' bits are going to cost an arm and a leg to replace! Lets just hope they don't LITERALLY cost me an arm and a leg....

I'll dig out the files for this model and print out the wheels, see if I can't 'rhino' up a tyre or two. Thanks Atamjeet for firing up my enthusiasm for these kits again!

Tim
  11. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Wow, I thought I was the only person who rode on snow. I cheated though, I attached a side car!.
  12. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Wow, I thought I was the only person who rode on snow. I cheated though, I attached a side car!.