Yamaha Ultra Realistic MT-01

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by Drewbot47, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Drewbot47

Drewbot47 New Member

2. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Yes they will most likely make us wait for each installment. This is at least the second model I have seen released this way ( the other was a WWII submarine) and I am sure there have been others but cant think of one right now. They did get smart and it looks like they have not uploaded any of the other parts yet. With the sub they uploaded the other pages but didn't make the links active and or resident experts found them so we got it early, doesn't appear to be any such luck this time.

Either way it looks like its gonna be worth the wait! The first section alone is 13 pages of parts and only includes the engine.
    Thanks for the post, I hadn't seen this yet.
  3. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

The files for the other parts aren't even on the same server. I already looked.
  4. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Yep, I saw that earlier and downloaded the engine model. There is a colored and and uncolored version and some instructions. It looks kind of interesting. I might give it a try.:)
  5. Nalla

Nalla New Member

This looks great, any idea how long between installments?
  6. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

About 1 month.

Russell
  7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

8. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I really hope I am not the only one who feels this way but I am a little disappointed with how the wheels look.
    I kind of figured they would have some tread on them and they would look a lot better than they do.
    To me they seem kind of "cartoonish". I was hoping for something better.
    Don't get me wrong, I love free models and I appreciate all the effort but after all the hard work that went into making such a nice bike I thought they would do a little better than this with the tires.

Russell
  10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I really hope I am not the only one who feels this way but I am a little disappointed with how the wheels look.
    I kind of figured they would have some tread on them and they would look a lot better than they do.
    To me they seem kind of "cartoonish". I was hoping for something better.
    Don't get me wrong, I love free models and I appreciate all the effort but after all the hard work that went into making such a nice bike I thought they would do a little better than this with the tires.

Russell
  11. silverw

silverw Member

Ya ... what he said!

Hi Russell
    I've had sort of the same thought for years...since I built the DSC11, but was afraid to mention it.

http://billjones_9.tripod.com/index.html

My concern was with the engine parts. Where something which was supposed to be round, was presented as many straight line segments. It works just fine ,but it seems to me that it would be easier to make it round, in the first place!
    Building the DSC11 was my introduction to motorcycles....now I can actually recognize one on the street! So, I have stopped and looked at them...and...wondered....why not make that part round...like it is?

Perhaps there are more than one designer used to make these models. Designer #1 is fantastic at laying out a part, it's just that he really doesn't know what the part looks llike in real-life! ... Designer #2 knows what the part should look like, just isn't quite as good at putting it into the design.

Anyway... don't get me wrong either...these are FANTASTIC models!!
    I just have aways wonder!? ... :)
  12. silverw

silverw Member

Ya ... what he said!

Hi Russell
    I've had sort of the same thought for years...since I built the DSC11, but was afraid to mention it.

http://billjones_9.tripod.com/index.html

My concern was with the engine parts. Where something which was supposed to be round, was presented as many straight line segments. It works just fine ,but it seems to me that it would be easier to make it round, in the first place!
    Building the DSC11 was my introduction to motorcycles....now I can actually recognize one on the street! So, I have stopped and looked at them...and...wondered....why not make that part round...like it is?

Perhaps there are more than one designer used to make these models. Designer #1 is fantastic at laying out a part, it's just that he really doesn't know what the part looks llike in real-life! ... Designer #2 knows what the part should look like, just isn't quite as good at putting it into the design.

Anyway... don't get me wrong either...these are FANTASTIC models!!
    I just have aways wonder!? ... :)
  13. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

i just saw ur work on DSC11 , i have also made dis one and just like u, it was my introdustion of motorcycles too, and i haven't seen this one in real, so i really dont know whethere dose shd b round or not, but the model is so beautifully designed, dat even if there are any flaws, ws shd really ignore dem, but you guys are into paper modeling from years and i am a new one so, i dont know whether i shd say this or not... here is the lnk of my model
    http://www.cardmodels.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8136
  14. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

i just saw ur work on DSC11 , i have also made dis one and just like u, it was my introdustion of motorcycles too, and i haven't seen this one in real, so i really dont know whethere dose shd b round or not, but the model is so beautifully designed, dat even if there are any flaws, ws shd really ignore dem, but you guys are into paper modeling from years and i am a new one so, i dont know whether i shd say this or not... here is the lnk of my model
    http://www.cardmodels.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8136
  15. silverw

silverw Member

Hello atamjeet

Pictures look great. Can the parrot hold small parts for you?:)

Some day I would like to build this model again. Maybe then I will be brave enough to change a few things.

...Great work on your models...

...Bill
  16. silverw

silverw Member

Hello atamjeet

Pictures look great. Can the parrot hold small parts for you?:)

Some day I would like to build this model again. Maybe then I will be brave enough to change a few things.

...Great work on your models...

...Bill
  17. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

thanks alot bill...well my parrot do hole the things, but tears them apart so.... she is not allowed to interfare with my model parts otherwise she gets a cute tiny slap on her face which she well understand...and wont da dat again...
  18. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

thanks alot bill...well my parrot do hole the things, but tears them apart so.... she is not allowed to interfare with my model parts otherwise she gets a cute tiny slap on her face which she well understand...and wont da dat again...
  19. alang

alang Member

Yes, there are quite a few disappointments, though to be honest they are more in the description than the model itself. This kit is detailed, challenging, entertaining and stunning value for money (!) but one thing it is NOT is "Ultra Realistic".

I've enjoyed building it, anyway. (Photos when I have finished the wheels, and put it all together.)

Alan
  20. alang

alang Member

Yes, there are quite a few disappointments, though to be honest they are more in the description than the model itself. This kit is detailed, challenging, entertaining and stunning value for money (!) but one thing it is NOT is "Ultra Realistic".

I've enjoyed building it, anyway. (Photos when I have finished the wheels, and put it all together.)

Alan