Yamaha Paper models tutorials

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Werner Smuts, May 14, 2008.

1. Werner Smuts

Werner Smuts Member

Hi,

Do someone know where or how to download the tutorial videos from the Yamaha website? I want to build the YZR M1.
    I've wondered if anybody ever tried to recolour these paper models. Maybe someone can explain to me how to recolour pages in PDF.... (which i find impossible) because PDF files are protected

Thanks
  2. clif52

clif52 Banned

Hey Werner

The only way I've found to recolor is to print the model out with something like a color lazer printer (I've got access at work) and scan it back in. Then I can recolor it in Photoshop or place the page in Illustrator and redraw it in vector art myself. I recolored the Tiger model from Cannon and made it into a white tiger. I've also taken a few cartoon cars from Japanese site in JPEG placed them into Illustrator, locked the layer and then redrawn the vehicle with changes on the new layer. This also works when you want to draw over photos. Thats the only way I know unless you go hacker and try to find a program that unlocks or cuts through the copy protected password on the PDF.
  3. imavingalaughaswell

imavingalaughaswell Member

ermm i always re-color and re-scale them before building ..

very easy to do!

pm sent
  4. Werner Smuts

Werner Smuts Member

Thanks

Hi Guys

Thanks for the help so far....
    I've PM'd you
    Thanks
  5. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Not relevant to your question, but here are some pics of my build on this one. Very fun build indeed. You will be very satisfied with this one. Let me know if I can help as I have built several of the Yamahas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Werner Smuts

Werner Smuts Member

Yamaha builds

Thank you, i will definitely need help and advice.
    Your build look extremely good.... not good.... Perrrrrrrfect!!
    This will be the first ever project i take on with so much parts.

Look out for my PM soon! sign1
  7. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

I appreciate the compliments. Just be patient and take it slow. You will find two areas that prove to be a challenge to get right: the seat/tail area is difficult to get "right" as it likes to twist on you if you don't get the folds and score lines just right AND the wheels are a bit tricky to put together. I start from one side and work my way to the other side, unlike the tut on the Yamaha site. The wrap-around technique didn't work well for me and it seems no matter what, there is always a bit of white showing on the tread piece as it is a bit short (you can see this in the tut as well). Just color it in with a marker and your good to go. Good luck!
  8. Patty

Patty King of Swaziland

9. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

I've tried that model it was one of my first builds the best one to do is the Yamaha mt-01 quite a few bits(the engine has 167 bits!) but very impressive at the end here's a pic of my build

[​IMG][/IMG]

:thumb:
  10. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

here's another!!

[​IMG][/IMG]

:thumb::thumb:
  11. Werner Smuts

Werner Smuts Member

WOW,

I'm impressed with your builds.
    I came to the exact same conclusion..... Patience is a virtue!
    I've stuffed up 2 times with the tank :oops: but now I've printed it out for the third time, and I'm going to get myself a very big magnifying glass ensure i score on the lines much more accurately... my eyes..... she's not good anymore :)
  12. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

Nice looking builds, green! That is about the only bike I have not built yet! It is on the list, however I am currently working on Claudio's Bumblebee. A bit slow at the moment as I unfortunately caught my thumb with my De Walt power drill this weekend. Needless to say, my left thumb is a "bit" tender at the moment (not to mention missing a thumbnail)!! OUCHHHH. :(
  13. Patty

Patty King of Swaziland

Ouch!!!, hope you recover soon. Nice build green, i am too afraid to try their super detailed one.:nope:
  14. logicman

logicman Greybeard

CK Styles:

on the one hand, I feel your pain,

on the other:

are you familiar with the term:

schadenfreude ?

:wave:
  15. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

lol, my bad ..... Moving up from 3 Amps to 6 Amps requires a bit more caution!
  16. logicman

logicman Greybeard

Yeah, well, I'm glad you have a sense of humor, I have this allergy to busted teeth.

It was remiss of me not to compliment you on those pix - great build.:thumb:
    Greenelf as well - nice shine.:thumb:

(Thinks: I must post more thanks and compliments, I must post fewer attempts at wit.)

Thanks for sharing, people.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

:wave:
  17. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

I try to have a sense of humor about everything. Life is to short to be PO'ed all the time, lol. Sorry to hear about your teeth and thanks for the comps on the build pics! I will post some more when I get a chance. Well, off to build the Bee .....
  18. logicman

logicman Greybeard

I missed my goal. The 'busted teeth' gag was from the Blues Brothers, where the good 'ol country boys leader tells our hero "You're gonna look pretty foolish trying to eat corn-on-the-cob with no ****ing teeth!" It's become a classic reply to anyone who cracks wise.
    sign1
  19. CK Styles

CK Styles Senior Member

ah yes, I forgot about that. Classic! I think I'm going to go watch that movie again now .......
  20. NSCXP2005

NSCXP2005 Member

greenelf1967,

Is the model you made 2x the size on the original or the original size?