Yakovlev-UT1..Finished

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by gera, May 15, 2005.

1. gera

gera Member

Hi Guys...just some pics of the Yakovlev-UT1 in 1:32 scale by our friend Kampflflieger and sold by DeWayne........... Its a really nice model to build, parts just fit like a glove.
    :)
  2. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Really nice looking plane! :D

greg aka GW
  3. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Excellent build Gera. I attempted to design a model of the UT-1 a long time ago. Couldn't do it justice. Kampflflieger did, as your build shows. Well done.
  4. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Nice build Gera. How did you make the pilot?
  5. gera

gera Member

Its made of plaster of Paris from a 1/32 plastic mold (an old plastic P-26 in 1/32 scale kit) :lol: :lol:
  6. gera

gera Member

Thanks Ash....there is a military version which I am trying to get info. It had machineguns on top of the wings and rockets on the botton!!!!!, should be a nice build.
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Gera

Did you enter this in the competition? You should!

Great build.........and I love the pilot too!

John
  8. gera

gera Member

Hi Bow:
    Thanks, I have always liked "Plane & Pilot" and this model is just made for a Pilot in it!!!!!!

I think I'll pass the competition with this one. I am making others which I hope can "tackle that hurdle".......

What are you building???? ......My JU-52 is still in the hangar, but will come out soon (I hope)...had not seen you around here in a while......

:p
  9. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I'm still here.........my other hobby........building adirondack style chairs is kicking it up a notch. Can't complain too much it gives me the extra money for all the other hobbies!

I built another P-26... the Thunderbird one, and I re-did the wires on the first one. I wasn't satisfied with the copper wire so I used some larger diameter stiffer stainless steel wire. I like it MUCH better.

I downloaded Nobi's Baby Zero and I'm working on it also. I love building those Baby planes and giving them away to kids to play with, I'm waiting with baited breath for Nobi's U-2.

That's about it............Oh and I still think you should enter your UT-1........no one else put pilots in their planes!

John