Xf-90

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by 46rob, Jun 29, 2006.

1. 46rob

46rob Member

Does anyone have a decent set of three view drawings of the Lockheed XF-90, from the early fifties? the only one I've found on line has been of exceptionally poor quality.

I've found of pictures on numerous websites, but I'm looking for a decent set of drawings. Anyone out there with anything?

I can make a set from the pictures available, but the detail isn't very good, so a lot of the panel and flight control art would be "best guess". It's also very time consuming. Why reinvent a wheel if someone already has it?
  2. shrike

shrike Guest

I've got a set of 3-views with sections, but they are fairly small scale and old enough that the specs on some things (like the XF-91) are still marked as "Restricted"

I can scan them for you if you like.
  3. ECJohnson

ECJohnson New Member

How's this?

Attached Files:

4. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Rob,

Check your pm's

Ryan
  5. 46rob

46rob Member

EC--thanks--good drawing....every bit helps.
    Ryan--I think the PM system maybe malfunctioning....don't see anything. Shrike--my email is rcarleen@cox.net, scans are very welcome.

Only two of these birds were ever built, one was destroyed through fatigue testing and the other ended up as a ground test subject for atom bomb tests in the fifties. Blackhawk comics kept it alive long after the Air Force had canceled the program.
  6. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

Rob,
    Hopefully the email got through!
    Ryan
  7. 46rob

46rob Member

Many thanx to all who've helped in this quest. This forum is a wealth of information.
  8. shrike

shrike Guest

Not as detailed as the other scan posted, but it does have sections.

I thought the Blackhawks got F-94's to replace their XF5's (talk about some major transition training!)

Attached Files:

9. 46rob

46rob Member

10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK Rob................. Are you going to offer it in Blackhawk colors?

john
  11. 46rob

46rob Member

I'll leave that to you.......first things first--lines on paper. Gotta use some self control here--got too many in the queue now, as it is. When are ya comin' back on down? The WW1 era diorama is nearly done.....probably finished sometime next month. Centers around the Cutiss F boat and Jenny, with a couple others added.
  12. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Gotta get past all of those that want summer vactions......... shouldn't be too long.

Sure I'll give the Blackhawk scheme a try. Talk about a classic airplane but this one has been drawn by every kid that longs to fly!

john