XB-70 Valkyrie

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Billy Leliveld, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Billy...............Great Job!

Man that looks better than any other Valkyrie built I've seen........ including those horrid plastic things!:grin:

Too bad it was problem plagued(poltitians)............ with the B-1B and the B-2 that would have looked fantastic in formation going across the sky..........with maybe a B-58 hauling butt below em!

Politics...........politics..........politics..........:cry:

Man we have made some beautiful bombers B-26 Maruder, A/B/A 26 Invader, B-29, B-47, B-58, XB-70, B-1B, B-2 ............ and a few BIG Ugly ones too.........B-52(sorry Ash) still a great plane.......... B-24 & B-17 War winners but UGLY, B-36............still a big waste of money..........

That should start a good argument:twisted:

john
  2. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

:twisted: Your day will come :twisted:

Ashrunner
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Aw Ash............... in my defense...........I've got one acronym to type............... B U F F........... :grin:

You have to admitt that she is a little bit on the un-graceful looking side....... but she is a great plane............. and with no arguments THE Greatest Plane....... but she IS Ugly.

john
  4. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Hehehe

Yes...B U F F ... Big Ultimate Flying Fellow...well, I'll just use the clean version of the last "F" 8v)

I actually never thought of the B-52 as ugly. Now, the F-4, that aircraft definitely deserved the nickname, "Double Ugly"!

Back to the Valkyrie. Billy, you said you built a copy of the model. Do you plan to do other iterations of the kit, or is the size going to prevent that? I scanned my copy of the kit and have yet to figure out how to print it at even my favorite scale of 1:100. Even at that scale it still requires at least a 13x19 inch sheet to print on.

Ashrunner
  5. Billy Leliveld

Billy Leliveld Member

Wasn't it a Bigg Ugly Fliying Thing?
    He Ashrunner,
    This is what I did; I bought A3 size 170gr cardboord at the local artsuppliar, and went to my local copyshop, where they have an A-3 copy machine, the original is just a little bit to big, but only just, it fits an A-3, The little parts I mised I scanned on my own A4 copier, The XB is all white so there was no problem with colours, so it was actualy quite easy to copy, It must even be possible to do it on an A4 scanner...
    I don't know if the sizes are different in the US....
    Cheers, Billy
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

OK Ash..........I seem to remember other words for the last two letters.......but I agree with you on the F-4........but raw power comes to mind also. Ugly and raw power! But I was talking bombers........

Billy where did you get the orginal kit from? Is it still available and reasonable?

john
  7. Billy Leliveld

Billy Leliveld Member

8. diamondback

diamondback Member

Indeed. When the last bat and the last of the pointy-nosed 'roided-up fighter-wannabes go to the Boneyard, their crews will get lifts home from B-52s.
  9. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Thanks Billy.................I went on and ordered one! Along with an F-16 from Halinski!

Yeah........... you guys are right............but the B-52 is still Ugly!:grin:

john
  10. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Hhrumph... 8vÞ

Ashrunner
  11. David H

David H Member

The great looking bomber debate....

I think the Victor is the coolest most futuristic looking bad boy (in nuclear white). Vulcans are coolish, the Valliant had a charm but Bison, Badgers and Backfires are very very cool too!

The only Victor I know of is a Wilhelmshaven kit but way to pricey for me, any thoughts?

D
  12. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

For pretty bombers, I have to go with the Vulcan, Canberra, B-47, and B-58, as well as the Valkyrie.
  13. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

Personally, I don't see anything ugly about the B-52 or any military airplane many called "ugly"...

I think they are as cool as their counterparts, sometimes cooler...

And for the B-52, its looks really mean BUSINESS... :-D
  14. Hans Christian

Hans Christian Active Member

If only I have a B-52 model... :sad:
  15. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Billy Leliveld,

Fine job on the B-70.

That's one kit I'm going to have to build and display.

Just as an aside, Al White (NAA's XB-70 Chief Test Pilot) just passed away a few weeks ago. He was one of the nicest and most professional pilots I ever met.

Steve Austin
  16. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Billy Leliveld,

Fine job on the B-70.

That's one kit I'm going to have to build and display.

Just as an aside, Al White (NAA's XB-70 Chief Test Pilot) just passed away a few weeks ago. He was one of the nicest and most professional pilots I ever met.

Steve Austin
  17. Billy Leliveld

Billy Leliveld Member

You're avatar says it all...
    cheers Billy
  18. Billy Leliveld

Billy Leliveld Member

You're avatar says it all...
    cheers Billy
  19. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Well as far as looks............ the B-58 Hustler hands down............. sleek, shiny and fast.

No one can deny the longevity of the BUFF....... and she does look mean bombed up, but beauty is not the thing that comes to my mind........ but looks are only skin deep!

A flights of B-52 all bombed up with dumb iron bombs dropping from altitude would be the sweetest thing that could happen to an enemy......... one second nice and quite........ the next a living hades. No noise until it all breaks loose.

Didn't know the Russians had a look alike for the Valkerie but the Sukhoi T-4 had to be build from Valerie plans!

john
  20. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Well as far as looks............ the B-58 Hustler hands down............. sleek, shiny and fast.

No one can deny the longevity of the BUFF....... and she does look mean bombed up, but beauty is not the thing that comes to my mind........ but looks are only skin deep!

A flights of B-52 all bombed up with dumb iron bombs dropping from altitude would be the sweetest thing that could happen to an enemy......... one second nice and quite........ the next a living hades. No noise until it all breaks loose.

Didn't know the Russians had a look alike for the Valkerie but the Sukhoi T-4 had to be build from Valerie plans!

john