WWII light fighter models - my gallery (to be cont'd)

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by mgolovanov, Oct 3, 2007.

1. mgolovanov

mgolovanov New Member

Hi all,

started building a series of WWII light (single-engine) fighters the gallery is at

WWII light (single-engine) fighters - 1:32, 1:33 - Hobby Photo Gallery - Zealot.com

By the moment, 3 models obtained from ModelArt have been built.

My special care with this series was building models that would NOT look like PAPER ones. My last 3 models presented in the gallery are close to this goal. If requested, I am prepared to share details on materials / techniques used.

Next (and last from ModelArt) will be P-51 - I am still deciding which of them (they at Paper Models from Card-Models.com and at ML Paper Models: Home Page have 3 of them).
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I like em a lot! Thanks for sharing the pics! That is some super clean work you have there :D
    Chris
  3. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Nice looking builds!
  4. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Since I've build the IAR-80 from ModelArt, Dr.Z has my respect for his work.
    Very good models. :thumb::thumb::thumb:
  5. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Well, I really really recommend you the Cripes A'Mighty P-51. I've built 2 P-51 from Dr. Zarkov, both are great.

Here are pictures of mine, and the construction report:

P-51 Cripes A'Mighty from Gerardo

Good luck!
  6. mgolovanov

mgolovanov New Member

7. mgolovanov

mgolovanov New Member

New photo uploads to my gallery: P-51D MUSTANG 375 FS (ModelArt) - 1:32 paper model

The model has been built from the downloadable PDF kit by ModelArt (Paper Models from Card-Models.com). Printed on 160 g/m2 glossy photo paper, printed sheets covered with Motip Clear Varnish.
  8. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Very nice and clean airplane you have there!!

Congratulations!
  9. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Good job - thanks again for sharing ;)
  10. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Very nice work. You've obviously spent a lot of time smoothing (or replacing?) prop spinners among other things. Very smooth! Are you filling and painting, or are they another material?

Rick
  11. mgolovanov

mgolovanov New Member

Thanks Rick

Yes, indeed, the propeller has been built different from what was offered in the kit.

The cock was glued from kit parts using 2mm toothpick as it's axis. It then was covered with enough coats of acrylic surfacer, sanded down and finished with gloss acrylic paint (as close to the yellow nose of the fuselage as was possible).

Blade parts have been taken from Halinski's P-51D (2005-05) - fortunately, this kit was at hand waiting for building, and I was able to scan / print blade details from it - rescaled to 1:32 from 1:33. Assembled blades were also grinded and painted with matt black paint (leaving labels / writing on them not painted of course)

All other parts were from the original kit.
  12. Janx

Janx Member

It is hard to tell they are paper. Superb.
  13. mgolovanov

mgolovanov New Member

New photo uploads to my gallery: Curtiss P-40C AVG (Paper-AircraftWerks) - 1:32 paper model.

The model has been built from the downloadable PDF kit by Paper-AircraftWerks (
    http://www.paperaircraftwerks.com). Printed on 160 g/m2 glossy photo paper, sheets covered with Motip Clear Varnish.
  14. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Another nice job!
  15. mgolovanov

mgolovanov New Member

Another series of photos posted to my gallery: Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIc (Answer ModelArt, 3/2007, 1:33)

Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIc (Answer ModelArt, 3/2007, 1:33) - Hobby Photo Gallery - Zealot.com
    Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIc (Answer ModelArt, 3/2007, 1:33) - Hobby Photo Gallery - Zealot.com

The model has been built from the original kit by Answer (http://www.answer.pl). Typographic sheets covered with acrylic clear varhish. Some details (propeller spinner & blades, chassis wheels & props, guns) hand made. Added missing oil collector ring behind the spinner, "Friend or foe" aerial, gun sight spot.
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

That is AWESOME! sweet build my friend :)
    Chris