WW2 American troops in HO scale?

gbwdude

General Manager, W.R.Ry.
Hello all,

I normally squander in the model railroading section here on Zealot and am broadening my horizons. Basically what I'm wondering is if anyone knows of a manufacturer that makes HO scale (1:87 scale) WW2 American figures in dress uniforms or in plain fatigues (no combat load/vests but with helmet). I know Prieser makes post-WW2 figures and MP's but I'm not entirely satisfied with six figures for ~$20. All of their other stuff is German WW2. Also looking for a bunch of deuce and a halves (CCKW style, not M35 or M211). I'm building a early WW2 troop train and want it to be relatively prototypical.

Also, what scale are the Flames of War figures? They look roughly HO-ish but before I buy any I would like to know. Any help is appreciated.

Tyler

badmoon

Also, what scale are the Flames of War figures? They look roughly HO-ish but before I buy any I would like to know. Any help is appreciated.

Tyler

The FOW figures are nominally 1:100 scale. Sadly the only current source of GI figures in 1:87 scale that I know of are the Preiser figures.
You could, however, try looking on eBay for old Rocco Minitanks blisters as they used to produce two or three sets of GIs in 1:87 scale.

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Rocco was bought out by Herpa. You may want to see if they have them on their site.