Wrecker Garage

Tileguy

I'm putting together a wrecker boneyard/Garage Lot & decided on an Older Pole Barn style building. It will have 1 or 2 old heap tow trucks around it and then a newer still operational one from around the late 50's.
The building will include a Lean to off 1 side and feature a removable roof and detailed interior.
Heres the beginning......these types of scenes kind of take on a life of their own so theres no telling just exactly WHERE it will end :mrgreen:

ToolShed1-32005.jpg

Here we are with our wall sections with its boards predistressed completed and given a Wash with a Silver acrylic paint rubbed in followed by flowing another wash of India Ink/ 99% Alcohol. The Door frame and Windows are Grandt line and have been painted with an Acrylic paint and weathered with the same Alc/Ink solution.

GarageWalls1.jpg

At the same time I also threw together a few period signs to represent Old tin advertising signs that have been relegated to the boneyard..........(never know when one will come in handy to patch a leaky roof)

Signs001.jpg

After Gluing my walls together i proceeded to the Truss stage...Here you can see my truss jig and a few Untrimmed trusses waiting to have gussets shaped.

Garage002.jpg

The roof will be removable to display the interior of the building............Here you can see how we accomplish a removable roof.....the trusses slip over the Poles and lock the roof in place. Trimboards will be glued to gables and will slip Overthe walls siding.

Garage005.jpg

I completed a little interior work before starting on my Foundation and slab floor

GarageInterior.jpg

Here we have the slab floor which has been poured with plaster into a form. The foundation sidewalls have an initial outline carving of the stonework.

GarageFoundation2.jpg

Here we have completed the initial staining of the Slabwork...you can see the cracks ive carved in to give the Old well used appearance.

GarageFoundation6.jpg

And here we have the final photo for now of the foundation stones with their 3rd staining coat.
As you can see the carving was completed and pock marks and texture were added to the rocks

GarageFoundation1-1.jpg

'll add more as i get more completed but am waiting on supplies to show up.....Kappler to the Rescue!!!!:thumb:

Tileguy

Kurt, this is 1/32 scale and is being built for a Slotcar track based in the early/Mid 60's in a bit rundown shape....( I am also an On30 Modeler and have been a member here, And a good friend Of Mikey's(ngaugers) for quite a few years)

I didnt have anything Trains to post but didnt want Mikey to feel i had exited stage left with the big exodus that occured with the name change ;)

Here's a lil shot of the digital slot track TEK 32 Motorspeedway...its 15' Long Plus a 4' L and 30-36" wide and has a Working pit lane and 3 digital turnouts for passing....Its a 2 lane track that can operate 6 cars at a time.

Backstretch003.jpg

forestedarea9.jpg

cnw1961

It does not matter if your garage is not train related. Your slot track looks great. I remember having this GT 40 when I was into slot cars as kid (until I was 17). I always loved that car.

Tileguy

Ive got the 1967 Daytona Winner GT40 and the Ford GT concept you see above.....Also a couple of Ferrari 330 P4's the GT40's Arch Nemisis muhuhawahawahawahaaaaaaaa :D

Ive a couple others you might recognize also :)

Attachments

• Ford GT40 67 Daytona 2.jpg
    Ford GT40 67 Daytona 2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Ferrari330P4 003.jpg
    Ferrari330P4 003.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Scalex Digitals Ferrari 330P4.jpg
    Scalex Digitals Ferrari 330P4.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 12
  • vette 64 02.jpg
    vette 64 02.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Shelby cobra 01.jpg
    Shelby cobra 01.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 15

cnw1961

Very nice collection of cars. Gotta love those GT racing cars from that era, they are so beautiful. I did not have a P4, but a friend had one.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
WOW AMAZING job on that wrecker garage :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I love the structural detail you put into it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tileguy

Thanks guys for the kind words.....:)

Ed, see what you can do in just 15 minutes?? sign1

I know, That was BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!:mrgreen:

Tileguy,

a really fine garage, built like an original wood house.
I like such models and its technology then you must know a bit more of real buildings.

Congratulations!!!

Bernhard

Tileguy

Thank You Bernhard............I'm still waiting on My Kappler Order of Basswood to come in.
Eric Warned me it might take awhile as he had several LARGE commercial orders for Kit builders to fill.

In the meantime I'm painting details and will begin applying roofing material in the coming days.........the Roof Panels are in place for the main structure............Once the basswood arrives I can trim & set the structure on a permanent base.......then we Begin to add the Lean to and scenery detail..................this may sem a never ending process, but thats only because......IT IS!!! ;)

Tileguy

Heres a few of the detail parts I am putting together for this.
Call it: Round 1 of 3 parts
Garage Interior..round 1
Lean to Interior.. round 2
Exterior all...round 3

Attachments

• details 0.jpg
    details 0.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 117
  • details 01.jpg
    details 01.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 116
  • details 1.jpg
    details 1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 15

Tileguy

Word is My Kappler order has BEEN SHIPPED (thanks Eric) SO i should see it any time now.

In the meantime I id a bit of work on the roof of the main and did a well worn Cedar shake roof of Balsa for the lean to. No framework for the lean to yet as I need that lumber order.

Once completed I may add just a bit more weathering to these in the form of debris and old rusty parts tossed up top and leaching a bit of a rust trail........I also detailedup a few old Barrels for use here and there in this scene....:thumb:

Roofs.jpg

Barrels001.jpg