Wrebbit Mercedes-Benz 500K Roadster 1:10

Shipscape

Here are some photos of the last build. Took about 3 months working on weekends. The printing and graphics on this model is fantastic. Real joy to build. Added Papermau's Texaco Station for added effect.

Fred
Merc 251a.jpg Merc 253a.jpg Merc 258a.jpg Merc 261a.jpg Merc 256a.jpg Merc T1a.jpg Merc T11a.jpg Merc T26a.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
What a beautiful model, and excellent build! Those models are becoming far and few. Built or unbuilt, they have geat value. A nice argon, U.V. filtered glass case may be in order for that beauty! :)

Mark Crowel

User of old school drafting tools; no CAD.
Your build looks great, Shipscape. What weight of cardstock is that model?
Saw this kit on eBay a couple of nights ago. Bidding was to start a $25+. New in box.

Shipscape

The kit consists of different weights of card stock. The graphics and printing are fantastic. All sheets (18) are all die cut. The instruction book is about 200 pages. Comes with a bag of wooden dowels, plastic for windscreen, silver threat for spoke wheels. Also sheets with silver foil parts. Suggest you use a glue like Crafters Pick Ultimate glue because of the glossy coating on the card stock. Used Aileene's Turbo in the beginning but had to rough up the areas to be glued. No need with Ultimate glue.

If you keep checking on ebay you will find a much better deal. The last kit I bought about 4 weeks ago only cost me $5.99 + shipping.

Fred

Mark Crowel

User of old school drafting tools; no CAD.
I had no idea the kit was that involved, and had that many items. What was the price of that kit when new?

Shipscape

Mark,

The kit has 553 parts. There is a complete build report I did on PM. Kit was from 1999, n0t sure of the original cost. Ebay also has 2 wooden kits of the Roadster also by Wrebbit. They are tempting but pricy.

Fred

N

niebla de fuego

That's a real beauty. The kit is wondeful, and your build is also aoutstanding. A nice model to see :)