Wow is it just me!!!

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
I've been posting some, but I must admit, that I rarely post in this forum...I'm usualy posting in the Photography forum, or the Scratchin' & Bashin' forum...
I've always thought the N scalers hold their own pretty well here at The Gauge! :thumb:

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Hey, Will! Yeah, Huntsville's such a popular name, every country and every state has to have one. Ya got a Springfield somewhere nearby? :)

Huntsville, Texas was named after Huntsville, Alabama. The Gray brothers, who founded the town, named it Huntsville because it reminded them of their home back in Alabama.

There's another town near here called Onalaska. It was founded by a logger named Thomas G. Rowe (who was originally from New York). Rowe had previously founded the town of Onalaska, Wisconsin. Later, he founded Onalaska, Washington. All three towns were built around lumber mills. He got the name from a poem, which mentioned a place call "Oonalaska."

Another interesting town name relationship is that between Houston and Missouri City, Texas. In the state of Missouri, there is a county called Texas. The county seat of Texas County is a town called Houston. Outside of Houston, Texas is a town called Missouri City. Missouri City was given its name to draw attention to it back in the 1890s when property in Houston, Texas was being advertised in St. Louis, Missouri. OK, got that? :)

Pitchwife, it's only a problem IF you model a dual-gauge railroad AND run two different scales on it at the same time!

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
Rory, thanks for the explanation. Now I understand :confused:
Clear as mud.
No Springfield here, except on my TV once a night :D

And names get switched too.
On my RR, there are three:

Sligo Junction is now called Inglewood.
Cataract used to be called Church's Falls.
Brimstone became "Forks of The Credit".