Would you quit your job?

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
When my one of my kids were just starting out in the work force and my son got a job in a factory, he did not like he asked me what he should do?.there was a lot of decusion, but ,

I gave him a three point answer:

one, You must be happy in your work, and your work happy with you.

two. You must look at the job/carear you want to do, and decide weather it is REALY what you want to do for the rest of your working life, be it with the same copany, or some other.

three. What gives you the best way to get a head,(paying your way now and in the future), prospects, oppertunites ect.

He left the factory 2yrs later and joined the police force. which is what he was talking about, that was 11 yrs ago now and he is as happy as larry, he has job satisfaction, great mates, and a good life. what more can you ask for, for one`s son?..Or anybody for that matter...

Good luck in your choosen line of work. Remember one thing, and that is, you are the one that has to live with your decision, nobody else, your wife, friends, family ect, will support you in what ever you decide...have a good one..steve

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
2 years ago - I was prepared to quit my job of 20 years (Inventory) ... to get a job at teh local RR museum as a docent (Teacher)...... It would have been an hour drive & a dollar less an hour...... The state put a hiring freeze on & I never got teh job :(

Diezel

Jun 12, 2005
Montreal, QC
Thanks for the advice Freelancer (and the rest of the group) I have to find something to volunteer in. I will, I just don't know when/where. I envy you though. you saw what you liked and went for it. =)

If I were younger I'd consider it, but at my age (40) now is not the time to start working outdoors in all kinds of weather, doing shift work, being on call, etc. If you check out the web sites for NS and/or CSX, that's pretty much part of the program for someone starting out.
Once you've got some seniority though, I think it would be a great job.