Would you play a game with paper miniatures?

Blackronin

Hi:

How many of you would play a game made of paper miniatures that would expand to a complete universe?
Just like those miniature table games, with plastic and lead, but this one all made of paper.

zakopious

My friends and I use paper, plastic, resin, and lead miniatures to play WWII games with the Battleground rules.

jhonepawell

As an aside you could make your own paper miniatures using PowerPoint and downloaded art from the Wizards website and you can also make your own using the Token Tool from some of website.

clevermod01

designer at clever models
paper game pieces

It's pretty common actually. I started Clever models to do game models but haven't had the time to do it. have lots of models made but the model train scene keeps me busy.

sakket

thats actually the goal of the project Im working on right now. (my goal was specifically to combat the fact that I wanted to collect something like warhammer but didn't want to spend money XD )

khidotmama

When I was a child, I loved playing miniatures made of plastic or stone. And I still do now. But I've never tried playing paper miniatures. A good idea. Guess I'll try. :D

knightmasterkit

absolutely, anything that encourages the players to be more creative artistically is great, i dont like the cookie cutter appearance of the more common wargames.

Guess im just old school like that, i prefer fudge systems too.

gaming should be about entertainment and creativity, not profit.

RocketmanTan

I never played wargames, but if I were to, I would DEFINITELY use paper models. The only "play" i do with my models is fly them around and make shooting noises when I'm boredsign1

SSanatobaJR

Paper game models? You bet! I've priced games that require metal, plastic and resin models and they are too hard on the pocket book. I'll take paper models any day!

Darthbrik

Well if you guys are looking for lots of free easy ro make 2d or 3d paper minitures then please google momir farooq.
I'm glad if I could help.

zsander

definitely. easier and cheaper to have paper or card buildings and models than $$$$$ for resin or other materials. Especially Money Workshop...er, Games Workshop.

Harlequin_HK

Paper vehicles cut down on costs, so that I can buy more troops. Definitely cost effective solution when planning to play large scale battles. Easier to stack and store too, than hard plastic models which need its own foam compartment to protect from scrapes...

Falsemuzzle

heck yea!
i use them all the time. some of my armies are mixed media...sign1
(until i can get the plastic versions)

my friends actually like them, and one has started using them almost exclusively. gotta love that!