Would or could this work please?

Why me

Mar 29, 2004
london uk
Visit site
[:-banghead]Hi guys been looking at way of building a real nice mountin scene onto my backdrops my idea is to use 5mm and 3mm and 1mm cardboard and cut out a mountin scene using the cardboard and over the other to give me the effect of mountin and cover the lot in plaster banage your input guys well needed please ty.mike

Why me

Mar 29, 2004
london uk
Visit site
Sorry guys not explaining my self right poxy bloody silly illness getting confused start again have 1 bit of 5mm cardboard cut out to look like mounti have 3mm cardboard cut but smaller to fit in side the biger one and 1mm cardboard the same look like mountin but fits inside would that give me a moutin range effect hope this souds better .mike

fsm1000

Jun 4, 2006
Coquitlam BC
fsm1000.googlepages.com
Sounds like you are trying to do mountain flats the way some do building flats. And if so then yes it will work. Thing is to use the same plaster and paint as you merge it into the foreground area. This will make the transition less noticable. Hope that helps.

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hey!!

That's a neat idea!! I've been contemplating how to go about doing a backdrop for the layout, This sounds like a good "cut & paste" technique. Paint the backdrop board sky blue/whitish, and superimpose cutouts of mountains, valleys, etc. If you don't like the look, take off the "pasty" & try something else...!!!

I'll give it a try!!!:thumb: