would like feed back

cpNscale

Does my layout look better with or with out my mountain cap on my second level.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 151

atsf_arizona

clarification of what is the 'mountain cap'?

Hi, cpNscale,

I think your scene looks better with the mountain cap on the 2nd level. That serves to break up the scene and hides the fact there is a loop and a corner there.

Future photography at that point will also be enhanced as the scene will look more like a separate contained scene.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Arlaghan

I also vote YES for the mountain :)

EDIT: I just notice from your two angle shots, thats pretty way deep in that corner... I think you should have your mountain cap exactly that - a cap that can come off. You might need to grab some cars that have derailed back there, or do some track cleaning.

Drew1125

Definitely a keeper CP!
By having the scene rise toward the backdrop, it creates a "forced" perspective, & adds distance, & visual impact to the layout...makes things seem larger than they are.
I'm not aying the track has to rise...I'm talking about scenic elements...mountains, hills, trees, buildings, etc...

Oh, btw...Welcome aboard! Make yourself at home! :)

rguyett

Originally posted by cpNscale
Does my layout look better with or with out my mountain cap on my second level.

i agree with arlaghan you should keep the mountain top and keep it as a cap it looks better and will henance the sencery when you get that far

cpNscale

Thanks everyone for your comments.A lot of great ideas now i have to figure out make it into a romoveable mountain cap.I have cut a small access hole on the back side large enough to retrieve stranded rolling stock but probley wouldn't be able to do any track cleaning.Thanks again for the comments and the welcome to The-Gauge.
Also look for my next thread Need feed back 2