World War I Fighter

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by NOBI, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

WW I Fighters

Yeah, Darwin,

And, while on the subject of planes with animal names, don´t forget the Etrich "Taube"!

Bengt:grin:
  2. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

WW I Fighters

Yeah, Darwin,

And, while on the subject of planes with animal names, don´t forget the Etrich "Taube"!

3. Brian Williams

Brian Williams New Member

Wings of Horus...

Oh yea, I was asking about Ron's web address. I have SEVERAL of the planes designed by Marcus. And they are all little beauties.
    I should have made that more clear.
  4. Brian Williams

Brian Williams New Member

Wings of Horus...

Oh yea, I was asking about Ron's web address. I have SEVERAL of the planes designed by Marcus. And they are all little beauties.
    I should have made that more clear.
  5. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

7. 46rob

46rob Member

Building those 25 cent Comet stick and tissue things was truly a rite of passage. It told your friends you'd graduated from the simple Structo-speed (You could get a Fokker DVIII for a dime in that series) models, and were running with the big guys now. My recollections of WW1 planes always brings me back to the series produced by Aurora, back in the late fifties, seems to me there was an incredible number of biplanes, each including a ground crewman. A Fokker DVII, Neuport 17 or Spad are always the first planes I think of when I think of that era. Ken Horne's webpage has a great collection of plans available for download, of those old Comet Kits.
    http://www.ualberta.ca/~khorne/
  8. 46rob

46rob Member

Building those 25 cent Comet stick and tissue things was truly a rite of passage. It told your friends you'd graduated from the simple Structo-speed (You could get a Fokker DVIII for a dime in that series) models, and were running with the big guys now. My recollections of WW1 planes always brings me back to the series produced by Aurora, back in the late fifties, seems to me there was an incredible number of biplanes, each including a ground crewman. A Fokker DVII, Neuport 17 or Spad are always the first planes I think of when I think of that era. Ken Horne's webpage has a great collection of plans available for download, of those old Comet Kits.
    http://www.ualberta.ca/~khorne/
  9. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Comet 5 Cent Planes

Thanks Rob,

I immediately fell in love with Jason´s little nickel scale Ryan ST trainer. I have downloaded and printed the fine scale drawing on a large paper and put it on top of the "future build projects" pile.
    The trick is to put it there VERY GENTLY, so that the COG doesn´t shift - otherwise it might tumble and fall to the floor, and I wouldn´t know what to do next . . .

best,
  10. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Comet 5 Cent Planes

Thanks Rob,

I immediately fell in love with Jason´s little nickel scale Ryan ST trainer. I have downloaded and printed the fine scale drawing on a large paper and put it on top of the "future build projects" pile.
    The trick is to put it there VERY GENTLY, so that the COG doesn´t shift - otherwise it might tumble and fall to the floor, and I wouldn´t know what to do next . . .

best,