Working on the Railroad

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Today my wife asked my why it is taking so long to build my layout and that I don't even have any scenery on yet. That got me to thinking which can be dangerous.
Today I layed 2 yard tracks, than ran some trains,
Yesterday I installed 2 switches and ran some trains.
Monday I installed 2 switches and about 3 feet of track in the yard and ran some trains.
Sunday I layed some plaster cloth for about 1/2 hour and ran some trains.

I still can't figure out why I am not getting much done.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Relax........now concentrate........look deep into my mind... there..
see it!....yes, that's it, my completed layout! :D :D :D :D

Maybe that would work better if I swung a conductor's pocket watch back and forth ;)
Pete

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Yup. I tore the old layout down just before last Christmas and wasn't able to run any trains until about 2 months ago and then only one train at time on one line. Now I have finished the second main line so can run 2 trainse at once. I like to run them in opposit directions.
I have enough of the switching yard done that I can store 4 trains in the yard and one on each main line. While running trains I can get another one ready to pull out of the yard as soon as a main line is cleared. This is why I am not getting much work done on the layout.
I have ordered more track and as soon as it gets here I can finish my yard and industrie spurs.. I will need a few more switches to run engines to the roundhouse and the steam engine house and storage.

This picture shows the two main lines with trains on them. The switching yeard is behind them. This was taken about 2 months ago with a cheapie throw away camara.
Whoops. When editing a post I guess you can not post a picture so will post it next.

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
Clerk sounds like things are coming along fine to me too.:D

When I discribe a scene or this or that about my new layout. She replies, "So when are you going to build this thing". "Is it supposed to be virtual or something?". :D

t.

Thats great Clerk. Run trains, do a little work, run more trains, do a little work, etc. i thought thats how were suppose to build a layout ;) U mean its not? One of the most popular ?s is what do i do first, track or scernery. For me its getting that mainline up so i can run trains :D :D

Clerk

Nov 6, 2002
Esparto, California
Visit site
Yup. That is just what I did. Got one of the main lines up first so I could run trains. Then when my track order came in I built the second main line. Then I could run 2 trains at once in DC. I am now waiting for another order of track to arrive so I can finish my switching yard. Then order about 4 more switches to finish all the track. Then comes the rest of it. Scenery ect.