Workin' on the railroad

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Hi, I got some more done on the G gauge Railroad.

Here's the new Rerailer? for the swing bridge.

bridge001.jpg

And here's the tell tales under the signal bridge - It warns the crews of the impending tunnel entrance around the curve ahead.

bridge006.jpg

In the lower right is one of the cab Controls and on the left under the mountain is the Hobo stop along side the yard "carved" out of the mountain.

The last is the HO gauge GG1 - I finally got the headlight working - There's an Acela car behind it. They are on a display stand along the second level of the G Gauge.

Now There's something we won't ever see except on a platorm somewhere. :D

bridge004.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Is that GG-1 wearing a PC paint scheme!?! Yeah!!!!!
G, HO, N.....Mikey, I think you shoud consider changing your handle to "All gauger! :)
Cool!
Ralph

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by spitfire
Very niiiiiiiiice Mikey! But I'm curious - why no O-scale? :D :D :D

cheers
:D Val

Thanks!!! :D :D

Back in 1984, when we got back into Model Railroading, we started with HO, then switched to N, to fit more track onto the same platform.

I kept some of the N from that time. There were only 2 companies readily available, Athern & Bachmann - both were inexpensive. O & O-27 were too costly for my shallow pockets. :)So we never bought any.

As a Birthday present, in '89, my wife bought me an LGB Starter set that started me on G. I told her before this, that I always dreamed of having a garden Railway (I still do) :)
It cost about $130.00, I have 20 times that invested in it now. :) :)

Even now, I cant really afford LGB. All my Loco's are either Aristo, Bachmann or Hand built. All the track is Aristo.

So, basically we skipped over O, a few years ago - when the great Train Store was going out of business, I bought some Z on closeout & built the Briefcase layout.

The standard Gauge was given to me as a gift, from a friend who's grandfather passed on, I'm the second owner :)

So, I have Z, N, HO, Standard Gauge (Around tree at X-mas) and G, running in different locations at my house & at work (N on an 8' Shelf)

Kinda tells you what you can do in almost 20 Yrs LOL

:eek: :eek: ~~ I like my job - It gives me more money to buy Trains!!! ~~:eek: :eek:

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hey Mikey, looking real good, love the bridge. not belong before it's full scenic then you can tear it down and start all over again .:D

Shamus