Woohoooo!!!!

65GASSER

I just got back from my LHS! For just over $160 I got 17 cars, 3 SD40-2's, 9 packs of micro scale decals, one Lee Way 52' trailer, and 3 BN 52' trailers.
The cars are Athearn BB kits from Rail Runner Customs, Roundhouse, and Walthers RTR.
The three SD's are BB Athearns
The trailers are Atlas Motoring 2000's
Gotta love sale tables!!! :thumb:

N

nachoman

and good for you for supporting the LHS! We gotta keep those places in business!

kevin

65GASSER

Love going to the Hobby Store here. Its 15 minutes away, on the UP mainline, the guy is really nice and helps you out in anyway possible, and has the hugest selection of HO I've ever seen in this state. Plus I like the personal part of actually walking into the place. I like ebay and other online order sites as well, but its just not the same.

Yep, that's a good score indeed. :thumb:

In particular I like the Athearn BB locos-- They are perfect for kitbashing/superdetailing projects because they are cheap.. And reliable too. I presume you are going to detail/paint those into MoPac engines?

65GASSER

Just the Frisco unit. I have a pair of C&NW dash-9's that the C&NW SD40-2 will run with and the L&N unit will run on the MoPac side of the fleet. I also ordered more Non Dynamic brake inserts for my GP38's and SD40's that are in the process of getting coats of Jenks Blue.

2-8-2

Nice job! :thumb:

I'm celebrating too...I finally won an auction on eBay! I picked up a B&O hopper car for 99 cents!

65GASSER

LongIslandTom said:
65Gasser:

Detailing BB SD40-2s is a lot of fun yep! :thumb:

What details are you planning to install?

Usual easy stuff. Grab irons, rails, lift rings, plow, MU hoses, number boards. I'll post a picture of a Jenks Blue C&EI unit I finished awhile back on here when I get home. I should have done more but I get in a hurry to see the finished product. :eek:ops:

65GASSER

Here is my latest C&EI unit. I tried to sell on ebay but didn't get up to my reserve. :rolleyes:
PPlow, lift rings, grab irons, etc etc.

Attachments

• CEI3.JPG
    CEI3.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 55
  • CEI1.JPG
    CEI1.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 52
  • CEI2.JPG
    CEI2.JPG
    13.7 KB · Views: 54
  • CEI4.JPG
    CEI4.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 53

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Looks like you got a bunch of nice stuff there. That sure is alot for that price I must say.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Sweet! :thumb:

Hopefully there are more improvements on the cards for the future? I think that unit will look really nice with laser-cut window inserts (one of the biggest complaints about the BB kits is that the window glass are recessed behind thick pillars while the real thing has flush-mounted glass).

Other things I might add would be windshield wipers, sunshades, firecracker antenna, truck plumbing, etc. I tend to add these things over time as I order them through the mail.

Your unit looks great though! :wave:

65GASSER

LongIslandTom said:
Sweet! :thumb:

Hopefully there are more improvements on the cards for the future? I think that unit will look really nice with laser-cut window inserts (one of the biggest complaints about the BB kits is that the window glass are recessed behind thick pillars while the real thing has flush-mounted glass).

Other things I might add would be windshield wipers, sunshades, firecracker antenna, truck plumbing, etc. I tend to add these things over time as I order them through the mail.

Your unit looks great though! :wave:

I would love to add sunshades and the other detail parts. But they go right back into the box as soon as I'm done with them. I hope to get a layout going within the next 2-3 years. Patience is something I have plenty of so its not so bad. My biggest problem is I have ADD when I work on these things. I'll start one and the next thing I know, I have 6 more on the bar slinging paint on them as well. I decal in lots of 5. While one is setting I'll start on another. I have plenty in the middle stage and few in the finished stage.