Woodland Scenics "Scenic Ridge"

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
It's coming along. The quick replies, are probably what caused the fifth picture to not upload.
I also realized that I had started this in the wrong thread, and moved it here to N&Z, sorry if there was any inconvenience.
Here's pic 5:

Attachments

• nlayout6.jpg
    nlayout6.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 555

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
:eek:ops: the last pic was too big:eek:ops:
Are you using all the "recommended" WS scenery materials and so on?

Yes, and no...we used cork roadbed, and spiked flextrack, instead of using the foam bed, and sectional track. We replaced the "clump" foliage with "foliage" for the trees. We also used white glue/water mix to attach scenery, and ballast. We filled the openings (under the hill, for access to the track in the tunnels) with removable covers, and used cork for the roads, and will glue styrene sheet down for the road surfaces.
I included the link to the MR site, because it gives you a chance to look up some of Jim's work.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Yeah, looking good. :thumb: :thumb: That's a kit, right? All the stuff you need to make a complete layout like they did on the DIY channel? I didn't know that WS made them in N scale.

Could you take an overall shot when you finish?

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Don,
Yup, it's a kit, but like I said, we replaced some of the kit materials with other WS products. The bridge abutments, and retaining walls were not included with the kit. There was also not enough stuff in the kit to do as much as we did.
I get an overall shot when it is ready to deliver.
Pete

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
I believe the Scenic Ridge layout is 3'x6'
That's it! 3' X 6'
What did you two guys do to get the rock so realistic? Was that included in the kit?
The molds for casting the rocks were in the kit. Realistic ?, the hydrocal was colored with multiple applications of a thin wash of yellow ochre, and burnt umber Earth Colors from WS. By using thin washes, color variation is easy, the more applications, the darker the color gets.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
We left the two blank areas, because the customer is going to build the buildings and place them.

Attachments

• nlayout10.jpg
    nlayout10.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 227

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
and the next shot:
This is a close up of the roadwork. The stripes were masked and airbrushed on.

Attachments

• nlayout11.jpg
    nlayout11.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 219