Woodland Scenics Foam Putty

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by stary, May 11, 2007.

1. stary

stary Member

I just sent for some of this. However; it has a use by date of 10/2005. Is it still OK to use? Also, it seems to be semi-hard. How can I soften it?
  2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Just on principle, if you received it with that "expiry date" I say send/take it back. You probably will not get the results you want.

From the info on the Woodland Scenics web page, it looks like you've bought lightweight spackle compound. It's a very light, foamy texture kind of like dessert topping.

If you do go ahead with it, you might be able to soften it a bit with water, but usually once that stuff starts to dry out, there's not much that can be done.

Andrew
  3. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Sounds to me like you have dealt with someone you don't want to do business with again. If the Woodland Scenics product is light weight spackle, get a tub from your local home improvement store. It is probably less expensive for more product that way than from Woodland Scenics anyway.
  4. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

I've had mine for quite a while but I can't find any dates on it. It's still soft. I have added a little water to it occasionally. I haven't tried watering any that's dried and set.