Woodie and billk

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Must be Psychic!!

Hi guys! AIn't been around for a while. Went and got meself a job, didn't I. :rolleyes: Thought I'd better check The Gauge out tonight. Ain't done so for a couple of weeks.

It's only for a month though, back at my old job. Then it's pack up, sell the house and move up the bush. Ain't seen it yet, but this place don't look too bad. Northern New South Wales, bout 2 hrs south of Brisbane.

Attachments

• hogarth01small.jpg
    hogarth01small.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 117

Chessie

Hi Tyson
I was in your area about two weeks ago on vacation.
We were camping outside of Cherokee and My son's motorhome
needed a water pump. We had it replaced in your town, at a place out on 19. I don't remember the name of the place but the people were very nice.

It was next door to a big tire place

We liked Bryson City and plan on returning sometime to look around.

Mike.

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Sounds like you were at Smoky Mtn. Automotive Services. They do good work. Did you say hello to Denise (the blonde that works the counter) for me??? :D :D :D You should have let me know you were coming and we coulda met up! Did you get to see the new Lionel museum/hobby shop?

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Weather?

Mike,

What's the weather like? Gorgeous! :D

Average daytime temp in Winter. 21C (71F) at night, bout 11C (52F)
Average daytime temp in Summer. 29C (83F) at night, bout 19C (64F)

Rainfall? 1350mm (53") with Jan - Mar the wettest months (late summer). Most of it in sub-tropical downpours.

Lismore is about 29 degrees south latitude (bout the same as Miami is, but south of the equator).

This is about an hour from there. (Gold Coast, Collangatta) you're all most welcome to visit anytime! :D :D
loc_Gold%20Coast.jpg

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
The reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated (or something like that). Gee, guys, it's nice to know I'm missed. Actually, it's been a combination of things that's been keepimg me too busy/confused to do much related to RRs:

• Work (we're running out bombs - they keep blowing them up.)
  • Marriages in the family (a nephew from Missouri got married to a local girl here in town which meant a redecorated house full of inlaws. A niece also got married in Omaha to a guy from Taupo, New Zealand, not sure what that means.)
  • Filling is coaching a soccer team.
  • Problems with a brother back in Nebraska which I'll not go into.

Besides which, I've got nothing to say.

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Glad to see you're back Billk, I had visions of you in a rubber room after seeing all the posts in your thread "The Box". :) :) :D

Woodie, them "jobs" don't half interfere with this hobby huh? :D .
And remenber when you get into the "bush", modelling is a hobby, boomerang throwing isn't!!!! ..:D :D

Errol