Wolf (League of Legends) by Portaldragon

johanvanacker

I just would like to share the model I am currently building.
I took some photographs during the build, not to make a build thread, but just to show some progress stages.
I think they are self-explanatory ...

2013-05-12 08.41.20.jpg

2013-05-20 20.20.54.jpg

2013-05-21 20.50.20.jpg

2013-05-21 21.31.19.jpg

2013-05-30 22.00.50.jpg

johanvanacker

I had printed out all sheets using high quality setting on my printer. Big mistake... at lot of the ink comes off during folding and I have to do a lot of repainting to cover the white edges and surfaces that show after glueing.

The head of the wolf is very heavy, and it touches the ground. I'm looking for some weights to insert in the feet to balance it more to the back. I'm afraid that the tail won't be heavy enough to counter the head.

And some more photo's.

2013-06-06 17.03.00.jpg

2013-06-08 06.42.45.jpg

johanvanacker

Intermezzo

I'm waiting for weights to insert in the feet of the wolf to stablise it and to get a better overall posture.
In the meantime, I build this tank (my first tank :mrgreen:): the infamous Tiger II (SD)

20130623_124626.jpg
20130623_124640.jpg
20130623_124658.jpg

Cforrest900

Wow. That is an incredible build. Itssoamazingiaccidentlybrokemykeyboardfromexcessivedroolingohmygoshthatisamazing!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Those are amazing. The Wolf is excellent! :)

johanvanacker

I am a bit embarrased to say, but the last photo is still the current state of the wolf. Because of the uneven weight distribution of body, it's head is touching the ground. I have been breaking my head on how to solve this problem, but I haven't come up with anything useful yet. Currently, I'm thinking about filling up its feet with a weight (sand) to bring more weight to it's back. To be continued ...

silveroxide

I do not delve into figures but one technique, is to fill the cavity with modeling clay. Some modelers, start to place the clay as they build up from the feet. That technique helps in maintaining the shape as it is being built. Someday, i will attempt a figurine but for the moment, there are so many models to make and not enough time. Thanks for sharing and do not give up on the wolf.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
You could make a base and have wire incorporated into the model to stick into the base to hold it down. A Styrofoam base, painted and textured would be a good start. Just an idea.m :)

johanvanacker

Thank you for all the compliments.
As I said before, it is work in progress, and I'm waiting for a bit more courage to finish the model ;-)

johanvanacker

I started working on the tail and aft section of the body.
I also filled up part of the feet of the wolf with sand, so they now all sit firmly on the ground. Next step is to connect the two pieces.

Here's some pictures of the tail section. I made some internal strenghtening of the attachment point of the tail, so it doesn't come off or starts hanging after a while. The tail itself was a real pain the get into the right shape. Somehow, I always ended up with parts that didn't match the previous part and I had to really bend and twist it to get it together.
20130825_134645.jpg
20130901_192119.jpg

johanvanacker

First weekend in weeks I had time to continue working on my paper models.
I decided to go finally finish the wolf. It was starting to get in the way when I was working at my desk (the model is 60 cm long).

And yes, attaching the tail section to the rest of the body was real pain.
A lot of fiddling in narrow corners and me cursing because of parts not fitting as well as they should.
The overall result is satisfying, but I still need to improve my detail work.

Anyway, here are the pictures of the end result:

20130928_163132.jpg
20130928_163105.jpg
20130928_163116.jpg
20130928_163206.jpg