Winter/holiday 2005 non-contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
We are going to try something different for the holiday season this year. Call it our “everybody wins” contest, or our “no voting” competition, but I really think in the true spirit of the season that we need a venue to express a way to show how we want to say “Happy Holidays” or “Seasons Greetings” to our friends without being judged or compared against others.

Here’s the deal, this will be a winter or holiday theme photo thread and will remain open until Dec. 31st. You may post anything that is either train-related or not train-related for the occasion. You can post a picture of your holiday layout, someone else’s holiday layout, a picture of a train in a holiday or winter setting or any picture or sketch of anything with a train in it with a holiday or winter theme. Or if you prefer, you may post something that is holiday related but isn’t necessarily train related, like a Thanksgiving or a Christmas card that you put together or took a photo of.

There are no “rules”, but here are a few guidelines:

• This being a train forum, it would be great if you posted something that had a train theme, but it is not a requirement, just post something. You may post any holiday-themed picture or graphic, be it train-related or just a holiday or seasons greeting, or if you want, something that is winter-related and not tied to any holiday.
  • If it is holiday-related, it can be any holiday that falls between now and the first of the year, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, New Years Day or any other that I may have overlooked.
  • Any photos should be ones taken by you, any graphics like a card, should be compiled by yourself using photos, clipart and text. If you don’t feel creative, a simple text greeting or even a poem would work, whatever you feel fits the spirit of the occasion.
  • It can be religious if you so choose, it can be Santa, a turkey dinner (umm), a train in a snowstorm or just anything that works for you.
  • It is assumed that any pictures, text or clipart used is either owned by you, is in public domain or does not otherwise violate anyone’s copyright protection.
  • You may post more than one picture or “card”. You may want to post a picture of your holiday layout, a picture of a train setup in Macy’s holiday window and a personal holiday greeting card. You are welcome to do just that.
  • There will be no voting this time, every entry is in the spirit of the season and of the one who posts it, and is automatically a winner.
There is plenty of time, but don’t let that get away from you.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
OK, here's a start. This is a card I put together using a DTP app so you kinda get the idea. I will try to post something more railroad-related later, but for now, you all have my wishes for a great holiday season.

Attachments

• Gauge 2005.JPG
    Gauge 2005.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 167

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
To All at The Gauge... :) :) :)

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!! :D

(About the picture) Built in the 1890’s by the PRR in the Juniata (Altoona, PA) Shops, the D-16sb was a mammoth engine. They were used on the main lines of the “Standard Railroad of The World” for close to 60 years retiring in 1951.

The pictured engine (1223) was featured in the movie Hello Dolly and was run on The Strasburg Railway, before being retired to the Railroad Museum of PA. It was restored by the Friends of the Railroad Museum. © 2002, 2005 N Gauger

Attachments

• 2005GaugeGreetingCardPic.JPG
    2005GaugeGreetingCardPic.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 156

Clark A.

Nov 9, 2004
Garden City, Michigan
This is my "under the tree layout". In reality, it's more of a Christmas Village with a Train complimenting it. the village is K-Mart's long discontinued trim a Home Collection. The train set is a Bachmann HO Frontiersman. Gotta love the green engine. Sorta like Percy from Thomas the Tank Engine.:D

Train arriving into town.
IMG_2032.jpg

Wee! Sledding on the hill in the park.
IMG_2033.jpg

The park where most of the town's events take place, including the tree lighting ceremony, adn ice skating.
IMG_2034.jpg

The town center with its prominate clock tower.
IMG_2036.jpg

Train steams into town.
IMG_2037.jpg

The 772 arrives at the ferry boat to unload supplies.
IMG_2040.jpg

A view from just outside of town, near the lakeshore.
IMG_2045.jpg

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
I took this one back in 2003, in my old house. i wish i had pictures of last years christmas tree train, its was cool. this isn't anything special, but it looks cool enough.

Untitled2.jpg

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Almost noiseless - a tanker train plows through a blizzard. It fights the cold outside to transport lots of oil, so that we may enjoy the coziness of a heated room. :thumb: :)

Ron

Attachments

• OelzugSchneesturm.jpg
    OelzugSchneesturm.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 143

Papa Bear

Dec 28, 2003
South Alabama
www.route29.com
The Pensacola and Gulf's Santa Claus special passes through the town of Mullet Bay. It's December and the temperature is in the 70's.:D But, on the beach, every Christmas is a white Christmas!:cool:
Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• MVC-018F.JPG
    MVC-018F.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 177

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Ahh, we're getting some nice photos and cards, but time is getting short, Christmas is but ten days away. I thought I'd place a second card, this one tending a bit more towards Santa. I hope he gives you and yours everything you've got on your lists...:wave: :wave:

Attachments

• Gauge2 2005.jpg
    Gauge2 2005.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 136

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Its December 15th but so far there is only a dusting of snow along the shore of the Hudson River. Will it be a white Christmas? Snow or no, its plenty cold in Upstate NY as a Penn Central freight passes by the Sumpter Ave lift bridge. The lights on the bridges and background industries offer a little bit of festive cheer though. Have a warm Christmas!!!!
Ralph

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 132

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
Well, I've posted this pic before, but figured it would make a great card for all of my friends and family.

Attachments

• cristmas_card.jpg
    cristmas_card.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 127
Status
Not open for further replies.