Wing Fillet Woes

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Getter1, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Darwin

Darwin Member

By Jove, I think he's got it! (With apologies to Gilbert and Sullivan.)
  2. Darwin

Darwin Member

By Jove, I think he's got it! (With apologies to Gilbert and Sullivan.)
  3. Gil

Gil Active Member

Nice proper looking job..., it would have upset their tummies so it's good that it went well...,

Darwin, the play, "My Fair Lady" (Pygmallion) was written by George Bernard Shaw in 1938. Music and Lyrics for the 1964 motion picture version were by Alan Jay Lerner whom you quoted....,

-Gil
  4. Gil

Gil Active Member

Nice proper looking job..., it would have upset their tummies so it's good that it went well...,

Darwin, the play, "My Fair Lady" (Pygmallion) was written by George Bernard Shaw in 1938. Music and Lyrics for the 1964 motion picture version were by Alan Jay Lerner whom you quoted....,

-Gil
  5. 46rob

46rob Member

this the wonderful thing about paper models....you can make as many parts as you need and there's not much added expense if you do decide to feed it to the rats (or in my case, the parrot, who attacks them with a great amount of fury) Fillets are genrally a b----, but I find that a burnishing tool of some sort, that will gently put a compound curve intot he paper, makes the job a bit easier.
  6. 46rob

46rob Member

this the wonderful thing about paper models....you can make as many parts as you need and there's not much added expense if you do decide to feed it to the rats (or in my case, the parrot, who attacks them with a great amount of fury) Fillets are genrally a b----, but I find that a burnishing tool of some sort, that will gently put a compound curve intot he paper, makes the job a bit easier.
  7. jyduchene

jyduchene Member

Well Done! there is something particularly satisfying about a "save". John
  8. jyduchene

jyduchene Member

Well Done! there is something particularly satisfying about a "save". John
  9. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I've built several planes now and this is the first one with fillets I've done so far. It was a pain but I'm starting to learn how to manipulate the paper.

A "save" certianly was a good feeling. I really didn't want to start completly over even though I do plan on building the gray version later. This one was meant to be printed on silver paper but I've always liked a white plane with the red star on it.

My failed attempt was due to gluing the whole part at once and the glue grabbed too quickly. Following advice I glued a little at a time. In fact this plane is fairly small and the fairing was hard for me to hold well so I used one of my "sticky fingers" (I posted them in tips and tricks) to position it initially.

46rob, my first plane was your F-100 Super Saber. Awesome kit :D very enjoyable and the only trouble I had with it was due to my own inexperience. First off I printed it on 110# stock and that was a bit much to shape. My other goof was a bad job on coloring the edges. I'm egerly awaiting to your P-80 Shooting Star :D

John
  10. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I've built several planes now and this is the first one with fillets I've done so far. It was a pain but I'm starting to learn how to manipulate the paper.

A "save" certianly was a good feeling. I really didn't want to start completly over even though I do plan on building the gray version later. This one was meant to be printed on silver paper but I've always liked a white plane with the red star on it.

My failed attempt was due to gluing the whole part at once and the glue grabbed too quickly. Following advice I glued a little at a time. In fact this plane is fairly small and the fairing was hard for me to hold well so I used one of my "sticky fingers" (I posted them in tips and tricks) to position it initially.

46rob, my first plane was your F-100 Super Saber. Awesome kit :D very enjoyable and the only trouble I had with it was due to my own inexperience. First off I printed it on 110# stock and that was a bit much to shape. My other goof was a bad job on coloring the edges. I'm egerly awaiting to your P-80 Shooting Star :D

John
  11. Darwin

Darwin Member

12. Darwin

Darwin Member

13. Maurice

Maurice Member

The correct "pelling" is Pygmalion.

n. Greek Mythology
    A king of Cyprus who carved and then fell in love with a statue of a woman, which Aphrodite brought to life as Galatea.

:D

Neat rescue John.
  14. Maurice

Maurice Member

The correct "pelling" is Pygmalion.

n. Greek Mythology
    A king of Cyprus who carved and then fell in love with a statue of a woman, which Aphrodite brought to life as Galatea.

:D

Neat rescue John.
  15. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

It's finished

Attached Files: