Windows and doors

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
hello guys,

How are you? I hope that everything is ok with you. I'm going to ask you something that can be very tricky for some...

How can I know the size of a window and door in N - Scale?

I'm scratch building one freight terminal, with a small office on it's side, but I don't know the size of window in N scale....

can some one help me?

Thanks.

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Luis I usually use windows left over from kit bashing and cut a hole to fit the window I finally decide on. However if you are going to scratchbuild the window itself it's hard to say what the size should be as there are so many types and styles of windows. I would find a real window of the type you want, take measurments and divide by 160.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Luis,
Entry doors are usually 30",32",or 36" wide, and 80" high.(7/32" X 19/32"). Windows can be almost any size, and depend on the amount of light, or ventilation the space requires, or are limited by the amount of security (smaller windows, more easily barred). In the case of a freight terminal office, a window could be 24" X 36",or approx 5/32" X 7/32".
Pete

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Hi Luis, Whatever you use, plastic or metal window castings, be sure that when you go to determine the the size of the hole that will be needed for the window to fit in that you measure the window casting from its backside. If you measure it from the front side the hole will be too big and the window casting will fall out.