Wilhelmshaven Destroyer Z-37

cmdrted

Well at last some free time to build... Finished the bridge mainmast and forward detail-FINALLY :D Also finished most of the midships flak platform some deck rails and little doodads. Actually the only things left are the aft quad 20mm the aft mast and aft stack, oh and the midships lifeboats and the mine paravanes and the..... HhhMMMM not so almost finished as I thought :!:

R

rickstef

Ted,

Ron is working on that issue, why it happened we don't know as of yet

Rick

cmdrted

No problem that'll give me more time to try and finish some more. Oh I can't load photos to the album either the error message states the file is too large or corrupt.

cmdrted

Hello all Happy New Year, 2005 Here are some update pics, almost done, The bridge is complete, the mainmast rigged, and some other tidbits, 2nd stack and aft mast is left.

Jim Krauzlis

Awesome, Ted! :D

Your photos show some outstanding detail work...I like the way your RDF came out; and the work on those guns are extraordinary. :D

Superb start to the New Year!! :wink:

Cheers!

Jim

cmdrted

Almost finally :!: Finished the midships flak platform and aft smokestack. Also finished the stern paraphenalia; the mine cranes, the paravanes and the stern flagstaff. The only thing left to do is the aft mast and rigging. Maybe one more session :?:

cmdrted

WWWOOOOHHHOOO :!: :!: :!: Finally Finished :D :D I placed the aft mast and rigged it tonight, and for the heck of it I made a few scratch built mines and their wee little karts. Of course it doesn't make much sense if you think about it, the clearing gear is laid out and the mines to be layed are out too. Overall the kit wasn't bad, the fit of the small individual parts was excellant, despite a large lack of detail on them. This kit would've been about the right amount of detail if it was in @1/400 scale. The initial bow misfit could've been me, this was the biggest ship I've made after all. The deck house to deck fit intially was @ 2mm off but it was do-able. I'm watching ehouli's SanFrancisco build, a ship from the same company, his is miles ahead of this ship for detail, (and your build is excellant by the way :!: ). Anyhow this was fun, never having completed a build thread/article, Thanks guys for letting me put this up.

cmdrted

The last few pics, I need to wait for better light to get some good overall shots but as The ship is finally done I couldn't wait.

ehouli

Hi cmdrted,

Great built you had, your Destroyer looks awsome! thing with Wilhelmshaven is that they they have so many designers and they are not keeping the pace, they just go up and down... San Francisco is designed by Dariusz Lipinski, as is the Indianapolis and Alaska. I have the Alaska and it has a bunch of flows in the printing, although the model is very much detailed, you may see it at http://www.papership.de

And thanks for your comment about muy build, sooner or later I should begin rigging and railing my models to make them better :)

Cheers!

Erick

barry

Hi Ted

Congratulations you turned a low level kit into a great model. Enjoyed all the thread and tips that went with it.

barry

Jim Krauzlis

Absolutely outstanding job, Ted! :D

I agree, that view of the forward bridge with the eagle is my favorite of the photos you posted, but it was difficult to pick one out of so many superb shots! Your work on the guns is excellent!

Thanks for taking the time and effort to create this thread on a superb build! Your photography was superb and helped show the super job you did in building her.

Cheers!

Jim