Wikipedia... I Learned Something Today.

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
i could of told ya that.....lol i had a step dad (not my step dad anymore) that worked for the santa fe RR, he worked for the Rock Island before that.

Cannonball said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atchison,_Topeka_and_Santa_Fe_Railway

The coal tender from my old Lionel is stamped with ATSF. I have always known the SF stood for Santa Fe. I never knew the AT stood for Atchison and Topeka. I only live about 20 minutes from Atchison. Cool! (Atchison was also the birthplace of Amelia Earhart if anyone is really interested)

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I was disappointed that management had so little poetry that they wanted to call the one merger Santa Fe Southern Pacific; they other way round they could have still used the song.
I'm afraid nothing will work for BNSF.

ozzy

Jun 24, 2006
milton iowa
isnt that why people come to the gauge for? to reserch by asking questions............

Brian Schmidt said:
Glad to see someone took the time to research before asking a question.

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
ozzy said:
isnt that why people come to the gauge for? to reserch by asking questions............

Yes, but a good many basic questions could be solved with a quick trip to Google, Wikipedia, or a bookshelf. Generally, you'll find the most reliable and detailed information in the printed media; the Internet tends to piggyback off what's already been published.