wife needs help: o gauge stores in Santa Fe, NM?

ktolbert

Feb 24, 2002
www.tolbert.org
I'm trying to surprise my husband (out of town on business) for his birthday. I'm searching for a train store for O Gauge trains in Santa Fe, NM. My searches haven't produced any store so far, and I'm running out of time.

Does anyone know of any stores with online purchasing (or I can phone in an order).

I appreciate any help. Thank you.

Kathy

justind

Jul 8, 2001
Provo, UT, USA
I'm sorry, I don't know anything about the area you are in, I'm all the way up in Utah.

There are a ton of online order places...

www.internettrains.com
www.discounttrainsonline.com
www.walthers.com
www.ahobbycircle.com

and lots more...but getting the item back to you in time to give it to your husband sounds like a problem, as most of these places will take 2 weeks from the time you order the items or more....

In a place as large as Santa Fe I would think you would have several hobby shops, but maybe you don't. Most will have something for O guage, even if they don't advertise it.

If you can't find anything, buy a train related card and slip the money into it, telling him exactly what it is to be spent on...my wife has done this for me in the past.

Good luck,

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
In the ads in the back of MR it shows a hobby shop called Santa Fe Southern Railway at 410 South Guadalupe, telephone (505) 989-8600.

Doesn't say anything specifically about "O" but if they had to order they might be able to expedite getting it for you.

Bob

jcurts

Feb 23, 2002
Portland Oregon area
I Wish.com
I personally like the card technique best. But get one that lots of money will fit in. This is an expensive hobby, Lady! :D

Lots of luck and I believe your heart is in the right place

Jim Curts owner Box-a-Rocks & Pile-o-Sticks Rail Roads

ktolbert

Feb 24, 2002
www.tolbert.org
Thanks!

Thanks for your help. After following your leads, it turns out there's not a local store for him to visit. So, I took justin & jcurts advice and I sent him a card (ecard from webshots.com with a nice train photo) with virtual $$ and details of neighboring towns with hobby shops.

I'll probably get something from our local retailer, too, to have here when he returns.

I really appreciate your help. If any of those who replied would like a free hour or two of web design work, email me. I'd love to repay the favor.

Thanks,
Kathy