Why?

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
it wasn't a "Re-do" it was a major software upgrade and a move to a new server... It was a necessity since we were growing way too big for our old server. The reason that the blue is gone is that it was an addition to the old board..

One we thought we no longer needed... This is the standard "look" of the software package... In the future, Peter may decide to change it - but for now, it's our new home.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Apparently you haven't been paying much attention to several threads regarding why we made these changes. They were a necessity, otherwise the Gauge would cease to exist within a short period of time. As for the appearance, well, that was discussed at length as well and the conclusion was that it isn't the color that makes this forum a success and it isn't the fact that a lot of people use the same vBulletin software either, it's the members and the content that allows this forum to shine well above any other train forum. As for not wanting to emulate AMR, I have a lot of very good friends I'd certainly not want to emulate and they wouldn't want to emulate me either, but we remain good friends and respect each other regardless.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I imagine as time goes by we may still have some infrequently visiting members return to find a big surprise when they log onto The Gauge. The reasons for the change have been expalined above. Sure, there were some adjustments to the overhaul but you'll find the same features plus more with this upgrade....and the same attitudes towards sharing ideas, phots, and the fun of model railroading.

Take a look around until you feel at home again. :)
Ralph

Peter T Davis

Apr 14, 2004
New England
www.zealot.com
Rob, I don't mind comments, suggestions, feedback, or complaints about what I've done with this site. Heck, half of the time I've acted on the issues people have brought to my attention to try to make things better.

However, an ad-hominem attack against another community isn't acceptable. If you have a problem with another community, take it up with them.

And, of course the two sites look similar, they both use the same software. It's called vBulletin, and I recommend it to anyone who wants to run a forum.