Why eBay is worth it......

CSX

For those of you who are not sure about eBay, here are some nice things to know. I was browsing eBay 4 days ago, and spotted hoppers for sale by a hobbiest. He was cutting down on some of his rolling stock, so he was passing around great deals. I managed to get 4 brand new 4 bay hoppers (HO scale) from Athearn for only $17!! I also got 5 brand new 2 bay hoppers, also HO scale from Athearn for $30!! A hobby shop, or even an online store, would have these wonderful prices. It is definatly worth it to get an eBay membership. I've had mine for about 2 years now, and I never regret signing up. I have delt with 100 or more transactions, and only 1 was bad, and of couse, it was straightend out. So don't be afraid to sign up for an eBay account. :D

shaygetz

I would agree, having been a member since 07/01. As both a buyer and occasional seller, I've never had any real problems that didn't iron out.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Call me gun-shy, but I don't buy or sell, and rarely visit eBay. I know people who do, and like you, are sucessful and without problems (well, at least they don't talk about them if they do have any) :rolleyes:. I've just heard too many horror stories both as buyers and sellers, to want to take the risk. An occasional thread will pop up here to that affect to confirm that. I seem to have more train gear than I need right now, and I got it the old fashion way.:D:D

I'm not putting down eBay, I'm just giving you my opinion.:wave:

hooknlad

Ebay Rocks !!!!!!!! Tons of great Buys. The only thing you need to watch carefully is method of payment and the shipping and handling fees. Sometimes the S & H is ridiculously high, more than the actual Bid amount. Just my $0.02 :thumb:

shaygetz

hooknlad said:
Sometimes the S & H is ridiculously high, more than the actual Bid amount. Just my $0.02 :thumb:

That is one thing to watch out for. We recently had a seller booted because of their s/h. What they would do is list an item at $.01 with an s/h of $15.99. 16 bucks...fair enough for a Barbie my daughter wanted, still cheaper than Wally World. However, when it arrived, it was defective. With a guaranteed refund of the purchase price if not satisfied, guess what they tried to pull? :mad: