Why bother?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by alfadoc, Apr 12, 2007.

1. catalin

catalin Member

oh.. damn.. :cry:
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Very well put and very true.
    The written word can be translated countless different ways and the authors emotions and intentions are easily misinterpreted.
    The fact that we have members from all over the world with different ways of looking at things, compounds the problem.

Ah, but since we all have one thing in common that we all love, we tend to do very well on this website and work things out well.
    The rest of the world could learn a lot from this community!:wink:

Russell
  3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Very well put and very true.
    The written word can be translated countless different ways and the authors emotions and intentions are easily misinterpreted.
    The fact that we have members from all over the world with different ways of looking at things, compounds the problem.

Ah, but since we all have one thing in common that we all love, we tend to do very well on this website and work things out well.
    The rest of the world could learn a lot from this community!:wink:

Russell
  4. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Two things I really like about this forum, too....

People are supportive (See this thread, and TWE's)

People ask and answer questions.

Makes a lot of poor or misinterpreted translations much less disatrous (for lack of a better word)
  5. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Two things I really like about this forum, too....

People are supportive (See this thread, and TWE's)

People ask and answer questions.

Makes a lot of poor or misinterpreted translations much less disatrous (for lack of a better word)
  6. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

I'm actually a little sorry I posted this thread. I'm glad it started a discussion about the craft, but I forgot we have members from other cultures who may not appreciate my Ugly American Brand Sarcasm. Jonathan Swift may be spinning in his grave, but I do apologize.:( I actually had the paranoid fantasy that when I started getting those 403 Forbidden messages last night, that I'd been banned from the site.
  7. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

I'm actually a little sorry I posted this thread. I'm glad it started a discussion about the craft, but I forgot we have members from other cultures who may not appreciate my Ugly American Brand Sarcasm. Jonathan Swift may be spinning in his grave, but I do apologize.:( I actually had the paranoid fantasy that when I started getting those 403 Forbidden messages last night, that I'd been banned from the site.
  8. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

Jeez, BG, are you still bothering? But seriously, that's good:grin: . But I am in California, PC capitol of the world, so if I offend anyone, they'll stop serving me macrobiotics at the gym's bar and rescind my membership to greenpeace. Sorry, did that offend anyone?:-?
  9. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

Jeez, BG, are you still bothering? But seriously, that's good:grin: . But I am in California, PC capitol of the world, so if I offend anyone, they'll stop serving me macrobiotics at the gym's bar and rescind my membership to greenpeace. Sorry, did that offend anyone?:-?
  10. josve

josve Active Member

LOL the dreadful 403.....

Well don't be sorry for starting this thread! I think it's turned out quite nice, with a lot of different aspects of our great hobby.

And the language barriere that not always detects "jokes" "sarcasm" "sadness"
    "joy" etc etc.....

But as long as we (freely after Austin Powers) Behaaaave....it's a good thing that we see things a bit different :)
  11. josve

josve Active Member

LOL the dreadful 403.....

Well don't be sorry for starting this thread! I think it's turned out quite nice, with a lot of different aspects of our great hobby.

And the language barriere that not always detects "jokes" "sarcasm" "sadness"
    "joy" etc etc.....

But as long as we (freely after Austin Powers) Behaaaave....it's a good thing that we see things a bit different :)
  12. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

Sorry Carl (may I call you Carl?...) Had an 8 month old on my lap at the time and missed the transposition. :oops:
  13. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

Sorry Carl (may I call you Carl?...) Had an 8 month old on my lap at the time and missed the transposition. :oops: