Why bother?

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by alfadoc, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Padre

Padre Guest

Also take a look at this site http://www.fineartmodels.com/home/index.asp

Paper is fine for me...........although I REALLY would like to have one or two of the models but my wife does not want to sell the house to let me :wink:
  2. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

I Like to Bother . . .

I 'second' Johnny´s words, too - I build because I enjoy the marvellous feeling of turning a piece of flat paper into a three-dimensional model.

It´s always fun to get inspiration from the masters of modeling, though. Did you see the Rojas Bazan demo video? http://www.rojasbazan.com/video.htm
    Very nice . . .

Bengt :D
  3. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

I Like to Bother . . .

I 'second' Johnny´s words, too - I build because I enjoy the marvellous feeling of turning a piece of flat paper into a three-dimensional model.

It´s always fun to get inspiration from the masters of modeling, though. Did you see the Rojas Bazan demo video? http://www.rojasbazan.com/video.htm
    Very nice . . .

Bengt :D
  4. sakrison

sakrison Member

Because that beautifully detailed Me-110 would cost you about a gazillion dollars. You can build a lot of paper models for a gazillion bucks.

No worries,
    --David
  5. sakrison

sakrison Member

Because that beautifully detailed Me-110 would cost you about a gazillion dollars. You can build a lot of paper models for a gazillion bucks.

No worries,
    --David
  6. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

Ok, Ok...

Just in case you missed it, I quote:
    JOKING!! :roll:
  7. alfadoc

alfadoc Member

Ok, Ok...

Just in case you missed it, I quote:
    JOKING!! :roll:
  8. Maharg

Maharg Member

Rojas is the man. Scale modelling at its best.
    I wish I had the skill to achieve something similar, my febel attempts to emulate something of this quality leave me depressed.
    But, seriously. I do the best I can, and the wows from my family keep me going. :)
  9. Maharg

Maharg Member

Rojas is the man. Scale modelling at its best.
    I wish I had the skill to achieve something similar, my febel attempts to emulate something of this quality leave me depressed.
    But, seriously. I do the best I can, and the wows from my family keep me going. :)
  10. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Don't bother since somebody else would be showing off a real Bf110 somewhere :D
  11. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Don't bother since somebody else would be showing off a real Bf110 somewhere :D
  12. paul a

paul a Member

If your building for the enjoyment of others and not your self .your not building for the right reasons.if others enjoy and prase your work that is a plus. if they don,t and critasize and give you pointers.that is even better.it,s a win win situation.
  13. paul a

paul a Member

If your building for the enjoyment of others and not your self .your not building for the right reasons.if others enjoy and prase your work that is a plus. if they don,t and critasize and give you pointers.that is even better.it,s a win win situation.
  14. catalin

catalin Member

i really don't understand what you want to say in this thread... from what i understand, it mean that i should no longer build the gpm ford gpa because josve built one, not the subaru, because someone already did it, and any yamaha.. 'cause in japan, many bulid it.. sorry if i'm a little... but it's ridiculous.. are you building for money, or you have this pasion, the pleasure to stay 2-3 hours for a fuel thank for example..

besides that, as i see in the pictures.. that's not paper at all, so any comparison is useless.. so "why bother" thinking in this bad way?

catalin
  15. catalin

catalin Member

i really don't understand what you want to say in this thread... from what i understand, it mean that i should no longer build the gpm ford gpa because josve built one, not the subaru, because someone already did it, and any yamaha.. 'cause in japan, many bulid it.. sorry if i'm a little... but it's ridiculous.. are you building for money, or you have this pasion, the pleasure to stay 2-3 hours for a fuel thank for example..

besides that, as i see in the pictures.. that's not paper at all, so any comparison is useless.. so "why bother" thinking in this bad way?

catalin
  16. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Most Americans believe in the "If you can't laugh at yourself, what can you laugh at?" ideal. Remarks such as alfadoc's, mine, and others in this thread are meant to compliment the person we are comparing our meager selves to.

We really do not begrudge the talents of others. We take inspiration from it. But, being Americans, we also like to complain. In cases like this, though, it is meant to be funny. Unfortunately, humor doesn't always translate well....
  17. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Most Americans believe in the "If you can't laugh at yourself, what can you laugh at?" ideal. Remarks such as alfadoc's, mine, and others in this thread are meant to compliment the person we are comparing our meager selves to.

We really do not begrudge the talents of others. We take inspiration from it. But, being Americans, we also like to complain. In cases like this, though, it is meant to be funny. Unfortunately, humor doesn't always translate well....
  18. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I think it would help a lot if you convey your feelings in a different way that it may help.
    I think everyone would understand your intentions better if you changed the "Mad smilie" in your first post to a different one.

Examples: :mad:I am really mad!:mad:

I am really mad!:roll:

Can you feel the difference?

Just trying to help out a little.:wink:

Russell
  19. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I think it would help a lot if you convey your feelings in a different way that it may help.
    I think everyone would understand your intentions better if you changed the "Mad smilie" in your first post to a different one.

Examples: :mad:I am really mad!:mad:

I am really mad!:roll:

Can you feel the difference?

Just trying to help out a little.:wink:

Russell
  20. catalin

catalin Member

oh.. damn.. :cry: