Who's got pics of there boat's let's see them

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by caygeoncruiser, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

Two more that I've recently built, an AC Model Boats Lazer 45 and a Canadian-made Pro Cat which is a legal clone of the PPB Drag Cat.

Attached Files:

2. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

Hey Irish, nice 'bent in the background. I've got a Bike E in my shed.
    More pix of the fleet..........

Attached Files:

3. Bill Nelson

Bill Nelson Well-Known Member

still got no nitro!

Even before the roman bireme was a bust, I started a larger hull. this is intended to be a 1860 style paddlewheel steamer ( I will cheat, and it will be electrically operated) I have a big removable keel, that gets the weight right so it can float and have a chance to carry sails in a wind.

The wheelhouses for the paddlewheels will go amidships where the bulkheads are missing the motors will go in a deck house where the mahogany decking does not cover the plywood deck.

Plank on frame construction mostly poplar, with a plywood under deck, and Mahogany deck and trim. The plan is to rig it as a schooner, or if I can figure out how to set up the much more complicated rigging, a topsail schooner. The paddle wheels I have mostly designed but I'm going to have to solder them up out of structural shapes in brass, and it is going to be a big pain in the *************.

I want to make another Roman ship, but it will have to be larger than my last attempt, and made from lighter materials, so the displacement will be adequate to support the weight of the mechanism, controls, and batteries. If I go with a larger size, then perhaps I can add some sail capability as well.

still got no nitro.

Note the dust on this model. I have been working on my trains, where I can pretend that I know what I'm doing. At some point I'll have to buy a bigger better radio, and get back to work.

Bill Nelson

Attached Files:

4. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

I've got problem with non-nitro or gas boats. There used to be a scale ship model competition where I used to run my fuel burners years ago. It drew people from all over the US and Canada. Some of the details on the ships were insane, at least that's what I'd do if I tried my hand at detailing that much! The competition part is interesting too. We just go fast and turn right whereas those boats have to go between buoys where there isn't much room between them.
  5. qwerty2008

qwerty2008 qwerty2008

Here is my boat its a footy class (sailing) razor.

I later painted the deck black.

Attached Files:

6. gerfortyfive

gerfortyfive New Member

Hi, Where might I find the "reply" button?
  7. Bill Nelson

just below a post to the left there is a button that says post a reply.

Bill Nelson
  8. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

Two of my latest, a Rampage gas mono and a JAE gas 'rigger.

Attached Files:

9. Bill Nelson

Got nitro? heck now I'm such a Luddite, I'm still trying to figure out how to get sails to work.

Bill Nelson (I know what i'm doing with model trains, and I'm just flailing around with RC. I need to find an RC Guru.

Bill Nelson
  10. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

Yup, I've still got nitro up the wazoo but got into this gas boat thing. I'm waiting for one nitro burner to get back from the painter.
    It's hard to find anyone on this site anymore into boats, I might be as close as you're gonna get in here for a guru. Sad isn't it. :)
    Don't ask me about sailboats, I don't know squat about them. At least you know what a Luddite is, it makes you wonder if Luddites know that they are! :D

Putting "Got Gas?" in my signature would really be amusing! It's an old signature and I'm too lazy to change it.
  11. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

Anybody still alive in here?
    Yup, went out and got me another boat, an RC Boatworks Stryker F-41. Dropped a fully modded Rev-Unlimited motor and a pile of goodies.

Attached Files: