Whoahhh coooool! How's that gonna work?

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Last Christmas, my wife got me an airbrush and today, I got around to playing with it. Wowwwwww!!! That is awesome! Trouble is, it came with one little can of air and I can see myself going through that real fast and don't want to keep buying little cans of air. Soooo, how do I connect my air compressor to my new air brush?

Attachments

• DCP_4851.jpg
    DCP_4851.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 126
  • DCP_4849.jpg
    DCP_4849.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 128

zachary

Hello trainnut i got an airbrush for christmas and it had one of those cans with it. Mine came with a compresor adptor with it but if yours didnot come with one go to the manufacture and by an adptor and a filter thats all you need by zacharyf

I think you need a 1/2" to 1/8" adapter coupling. I got the exact same airbrush as you (Badger 200) and that's what I use to hook it up to a compressor.

Make sure you got a braided cord though. The flimsy vinyl cord might burst under the compressor's pressure..

Great airbrush choice BTW! I love my Badger 200.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
hey train nut i just got an airbrush for christmas also. i use my comresser to power it also with my paasche brush i fooked an air drier and a small reguator to my compresser to a quick disconnect.i just bought an adapter to go from 1/2 in pipe(compresser) to the 1/4 in pipe(air brush) thats pretty much all it took.
and also you are going toneed a regulator to control airflow for different paint and effects.i also higly reccomend a dryer for it because an entire paint job could be screwed up by water tht condensed in the compresser.
anyway have fun with the brush , i know i did:thumb:

N

nachoman

Little need for a drier here in phoenix... I've never used one.

kevin

Jim Krause

Air compressor--Doesn't need to be a high volume one. Unless you want to use it with air tools or a full size spray gun.
Pressure regulator--Device which can be adjusted to limit the output pressure from the compressor. You will need to be down to around 20-30 PSI for most airbrush use.
Moisture Trap--Necessary to prevent contamination of paint and airbrush.
If you have a friend with a compressor, you could get a pressure tank and charge the tank from his/her compressor. Don't know how this would affect the friendship in the long run. Also check Home Depot etc.for compressors.

Russ Bellinis

Does the brass fitting on the can adapter screw into the adapter, or push in? Basically you need to adapt the air brush hose to your compressor on the low pressure side of that pressure regulator. If the fitting on the end of the air brush hose is threaded where it goes into the can adapter, you can either use bushings to reduce the size of the fitting in your pressure regulator to the size you need for the air brush hose, or you can get a brass plug to fit into the air fitting for your pressure regulator and drill and tap it to fit your air brush. It looks like the plastic hose for the air brush is a push on fit over the fitting. If the fitting is a knurled push in on the plastic adapter for the pressure can, remove it from the can adapter, and remove the plastic hose from the brass adapter. Then get a brass plug to fit the air hose quick connect that would plug into your pressure regulator's female quick connect fitting. Drill the plug for a slip fit of the air brush hose fitting, and solder it into the brass plug. When you screw the modified brass plug into the fitting, and plug it into the pressure regulator, all you need to do is push the air brush hose back over the top of the fititing.

Before you do a bunch of modifications though, did your air brush come with any paperwork? My badger air brush that I bought from a Snap On dealer 20 years ago came with an adapter to plug into a pressure regulator/moisture trap on my compressor. If yours didn't, badger probably offers the parts you need.