Who sells HO 0r HOn3 K-36 series steam engines

shaygetz

Welcome to The Gauge, Vern:wave:

Any of the K units are only to be found in brass. I know of no plastic or diecast releases, past or present.

pgandw

I assume you are referring to the various K classes of 2-8-2s on the D&RGW narrow gauge. K was the D&RGW class designation for a 2-8-2. The number (K-27, 28, 35, 36) referenced either the tractive effort or the weight - I can't remember which in my OF&S (Old, Fat, and Slow) moment.

Blackstone is supposed to be coming out with a die cast K-something this year in HOn3, available with DCC and sound, 18" min radius.

Hope this helps.

JAyers

I'm sitting here looking at some 1977 issues of the Model Railroader, with those very locomotives in brass, from Pacific Fast Mail, in the ad on the back cover. PFM doesn't exist anymore, as far as I can tell, but you should be able to find them on eBay or at a dealer in brass. Good luck. Wish these models were still readily available, they sure look nice.

John

Fluesheet

pgandw said:
I assume you are referring to the various K classes of 2-8-2s on the D&RGW narrow gauge. K was the D&RGW class designation for a 2-8-2. The number (K-27, 28, 35, 36) referenced either the tractive effort or the weight - I can't remember which in my OF&S (Old, Fat, and Slow) moment.

Blackstone is supposed to be coming out with a die cast K-something this year in HOn3, available with DCC and sound, 18" min radius.

Hope this helps.

The number referred to the tractive effort in thousands. I.e. a K-27 had 27,000 pounds starting tractive effort, a K-36 had 36,000, etc.

Blackstone's K is a K-27 - they should be close to going on the market.