Who makes 40' boxcars with beer logos ?

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
I'm looking for some N scale 40' boxcars with beer or breweries logos. The era would be between 1950 and 1970.
It can be from US or Canadian breweries.
I used the search engine but couldn't fine anything related

tia for any information

Tommybza

Feb 15, 2007
N W Indiana
hey there ,
you could check with a specefic suds mfgr. and check there on line store .some times they have promo things ,or links .
Prost.

Biased turkey said:
I'm looking for some N scale 40' boxcars with beer or breweries logos. The era would be between 1950 and 1970.
It can be from US or Canadian breweries.
I used the search engine but couldn't fine anything related

tia for any information

Having a hard time finding beer logos on boxcars in CANADA, good luck, any tobacco and alcohol logo's are now banned from entery the country.
A buddy of mine orderd a model nascar "The Bud Car" from the States, and when the car arrived all the beer logo's where removed from the package. :cry:

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
First, thanks to all the nice members who took some of their time to reply.

To Tommybza: I checked with various US and Canadian breweries, but couldn't find any reference or link about N scale boxcars on their website.
Finding beer related boxcars is a lot easier Europe, Fleischmann ( and specially Marklin ) have tens of boxcars with beer logos.

To DavidB-AU and rekline: thanks for the links to the Atlas products. I know those 40' wood refrigerator cars doesn't fit the era I'm modeling, but that would be a good opportunity for me to purchase a Mikado steam engine :).

To Hoghead: So far I couldn't locate any model railroad store in Canada carrying the Micro-trains Budweiser boxcar. And now after what jasbourre mentions it's not worth to try to import it from the States.

On the other hand I found that the online store " The Credit Valley " in Ontario has the Atlas Narragansett Beer Co boxcar in store so I'll order from them.

Hoghead

Jul 10, 2002
Eastern US
Visit site
Biased turkey said:
To Hoghead: So far I couldn't locate any model railroad store in Canada carrying the Micro-trains Budweiser boxcar. And now after what jasbourre mentions it's not worth to try to import it from the States.
The Bud wooden reefer has been out of production for quite sometime.....they surface on E-Bay from time to time and are usually hotly contested items. The Robin Hood reefer was purchased new about 5-6 years ago. Also a wooden reefer. Not much use to me anymore since I have been modeling the DRG&W (1970's-1980's).

umtrr-author

Dec 19, 2003
Visit site
Technically speaking, there wouldn't have been many (if any) cars with beer logos running between 1950 and 1970 due to the Interstate Commerce Commission restrictions on advertising on private owner cars that went into effect in the late 1930's. These removed from the United States the cars that Atlas, Micro-Trains and others have done. I am not sure that this applied to Canada but it wouldn't surprise me.

In addition, many beer companies found that a car advertising what was in it was a natural target for looters. This, for example, caused the St. Louis Refrigerator Car Company to stop putting anything on their cars. SLRC was and is owned by Anheuser-Busch (Budweiser).

That pretty much means you're free to "roll your own" which might be easier anyway... get a logo, print it on a decal, and decorate.

COX 47

Dec 28, 2004
Most of the time there is a bunch of beer reefers on Ebay...Life like has a bunch as does ConCor...Cox 47