Whitewash city

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by cgutzmer, Nov 11, 2006.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Has anyone else built these at all?
    http://www.erichotz.com/whitewash.html

I tried building the free sample and had some fit problems when attaching the front and back - the height of the walls just didnt seem right. Maybe it was my printing or something. In any case these look to be pretty good (assuming that fit was my fault! A couple free samples - the rest can be bought. If anyone has a spare moment or two could you build one and let me know if you had similar problems?
    Thanks,
    Chris
  2. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

You're talking about the saloon right? No, I haven't built that yet...been wanting to check Eric's work someday...I would get EVERYTHING.

Can you be more specific on the problem/s you had?
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

when attaching the back wall section to the sides and roof the overall fit came up too short (the back wall wasnt tall enough)
    Chris
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Forgot to say, yeah it was the saloon. I think I will give it another go sometime soon.
    Chris
  5. thewoodengraver

I have it printed and ready to go...only...I printed mine at 40%...I cannot bring myself to build something that HUGE!!! lol
    I also printed two copies so I can add girth to the porch posts and rails etc...
    I plan to get to it today...but as the saying goes;
    make plans, God laughs.
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I built it a second time and still had some fit problems. It was a bit better though.

I tried something new because I read about it on fiddlers green (I think) I printed it out on grey paper (I didnt have brown) I just wanted to see what it would do. I wouldnt recommend printing on colored paper after that - only white.
    Here are some pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I do think with a few details it could be a really nice model. I think I might design some furniture for the interor and a ladder for the roof for my intro to designing :) - later.... after xmas maybe.
    Chris
  7. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Great job Chris! I like the looks of this one!
    I've had it on my hard drive for quite a while now but I havn't tried it out yet.
    I have a model of an out house hiding on my drive too, that I think would look great with it!

Russell
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

if it was a freebie I will have to search my pc too :) thanks russell :)
    Chris
  9. thewoodengraver

Looks great Chris!
    Mine didn't turn out as well as yours...not having the greatest day...couldn't catch a dorkfish with a corndog...
    I didn't notice any fit problems. Lots of potential for more detail and add-ons.
    NO I will not post a pic...don't really need to be laughed at.:cry:
  10. thewoodengraver

OKAY LAUGH!!! if ya want .
    I didn't opt for accessories...I had all the parts cut out and several assembled, we went for a short ride...my dog got up on the table I had been working on, spilled my coffee all over every single part!
    I had to reprint...didn't feel like doing any extras...

I interpreted the front porch roof differently, I like the way it came out. I wish I had been consistent and done the back porch the same...my stovepipe looks like a rain barrell...or the leaning tower of Pisa.
    I was all ready to post a pic...but my manage attachments button is not there?!!*&?)($$#%
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Well lets get a pic - I could use a laugh :D really a crooked stove pipe could really add to the realism if your town is a bit rundown :)
    Chris
  12. pgutzmer

pgutzmer New Member

Is this yours Chris. I didn't cut out the swinging doors on mine. Looks great!
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Yep, thats mine :) glad you like it. I glued it to the floor plan so if it was lighted inside oyu could see where stuff should be - hopefully one day I will make one that actually has chairs and stuff in it. That would look pretty cool lighted on your train layout - windows of course too....
    Chris
  14. thewoodengraver

Sorry, I had a Pepsi emergency...I was OUT! Here she is (I hope) printed at 40% of origional. I really do like this model and I think it has alot of potential for customizing and add-ons.[​IMG]