Whitewash city being built

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by cgutzmer, Mar 17, 2007.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I got my dad into building whitewash city. He has a few models done but doesn't get online much. I am going to build up a few of them to and will post pics here. We just played gold city and it was a blast! We need to finish up more buildings so we can really play.

We are building them at 38% so he can use them on his n scale layout too....

Hopefully he will see this post and get some of his own up! Otherwise I will snap some pics next time I am at his place :D

Got this one done in about an hour. Nice builds! I remove all tabs and butt join everything.

Chris

The Church!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Wow! I thought that church was a lot bigger till you put that cube in the picture!

Very nice job, Chris!

Russell
  3. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Yep, I was surpised at the size too! Great job!
  4. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

You...you cut of the TABS! SHREIK!!!
    UGH! (fainting)
    THUD!

LOL...looks perty, pardner.
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I built one at my dads yesterday (one of the saloons) and left the tabs on that one. It was a much quicker and eaier build without the tabs and the finish is much nicer in my opinion.

Glad you guys liked it! I am going to do the newspaper and land claims office next.

I will go back to the plane, I just have the need to accomplish a couple models more quickly. Its nice cause these are quick builds with decent results.
    Chris
  6. pgutzmer

pgutzmer New Member

Whitwash City

Chris,
    The church looks great. I'm going to try the mod of cutting off the tabs. I'd post more of my buildings, but I have to have you show me how to make the pictures look as good as this church looks.

Pop,
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Your buildings look just as good as mine! Just being too critical of yourself :) I especially like the ones that have cotton smoke coming out of the stacks.
    Chris
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Newspaper

Here is the Territorial News. Super guick little build. I am telling ya - losing the tabs is the best thing ever for these little ones!
    Chris

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Ack, still no tabs?? And there you go, using that giant cube in the background again. Nice job, Chris!

Scott K.
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

The tabs are really so small at this size that when you fold them they make it go out of shape or put little wrinkles where you fold. The time savings in cutting is also a factor :D
    Chris
  11. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Here is the land claims office. Now what to build next? Hmmmmmm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  12. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

They all look great, Chris! Nice job!
    Your gonna have a little city here before long!

Russell
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

The latest installment is done. I am going back to the plane for a while. I cant build too many or my dad wont have anything to do :) Assayer, Barbershop and Livery

The assayer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Barbershop
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Livery
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Whitewash city so far....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  14. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I totally forgot to upload these pics of whitewash city. This is what is built so far. The smoke coming out of some of them is cotton balls stretched out. It looks pretty great!
    Chris

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. John L.

John L. New Member

Yes indeed, White Wash city is very interesting. Your builds are very good. I use some of the
    white Wash buildings on my HO layout. Of course I rescale to 1/87 and add some details and "repaint" using PhotoShop 7.

Thanks for your post. John L.
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Wouldnt mind seeing some of your repaints :) glad someone found this thread! I have a few more I should build one of these days :)
    Chris
  17. huffman60

huffman60 New Member

John L.: I am also starting an HO layout and have the Whitewash City set. As you can tell, The theme for the layout is 1800's southwest period. I want to scale the buildings to 1:72 (or 1:87) because of available little people. Since I'm not the greatest on computers, could you give me a step by step way to rescale the Whitewash City buildings? If you could I would greatly appreciate it. Oh! by the way I live in Interlachen Fla. North of you a little bit. Thank You: JOHN also
  18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Active Member

hello! This thread is a blast from the past :) Its been ages since I had those buildings out! My dad and I were juts talking about playing again a couple weeks ago :)

can you tell me what scale they are? I forget. I can go look too. Scaling up can be difficult unless you are also using larger paper. I will try and take a peek tonight.
    Thanks!
    Chris
  19. huffman60

huffman60 New Member

Chris: The normal printout scale is 30mm or 1:60. I'll be modeling them in wood for my layout. I want to use them for structure plans. Most Whitewash City Structures are modeled after real western buildings. If you have a photo program you can enhance the colors. As is they are faded out when printed. John
  20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Active Member

Been a while since I used it but here:
    http://www.printmini.com/calc.shtml

Looks like you should print at .833 to change them to 1:72 from 1:60 - pretty sure I did it right :)
    Chris