Which Xuron???

I read that the Xuron Flush Shear Cutter is the "daddy rabbit" or the "cat's meow" when it comes to having the best tool to cut flex track. I thought I would ask for recommendations since there are so many models from which to choose. So do you own one and if you had to do it all over again, would you?

cidchase

It's listed as one name under their "consumer products", and the other name
under "industrial products". I was jist tryin' to give Xavier what he asked fer--

I doubt there's any difference except packaging, since they have the same
part #. But I been wrong before :D :D :D

Hmmmm, very interesting, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I wonder if they charge more for one than the other? Or the grade of steel might be different but that doesn't seem likely if they have the same part number.

cidchase

"Good Morning,
Sorry for the delayed response - we had yesterday off for the
President's Day holiday. To answer your question, no, there is
no difference between the Industrial version of the 2175B and
the Track Cutter (2175B) offered to hobbiests.
If you need anything else just let me know.
Thanks!
Abby
ARobey@xuron.com"

spitfire

In answer to the last part of your question Xavier, I own one and it's one of the best purchases I ever made. I highly recommend it!

Val

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Yeah, what Val said!
Just one thing. They are designed to cut nickle silver rail. Harder materials, like piano wire, will damage the cutting edge, so only use them for rail cutting.
They will cut rail so cleanly that you can immediately put on a rail joiner, no filing, no muss, no fuss. One of the "gotta have" tools.
Pete