which to buy ? hpi / traxxas

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by skidilydidily1, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redheat

redheat Member

Does the servo make a grinding noise when it turns?
  2. rustler

rustler Member

yea it does, that is when i does turn no i dont have a fail safe unless it came with one, what is a failsafe
  3. redheat

redheat Member

If your servo is making a grinding sound you may have stripped a gear in thr gear train. In a nut shell when the current drops to I believe 4.5 volts the failsafe kicks in and locks the servo brake ,of course you have to set the brake for lock. Fits in between rx box and throttle,brake servo. If you do need to replace a servo I suggest a high torque servo ,not high speed.
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

it doesnt come witha failsafe but you can get one for around $25 at your lhs
  5. redheat

redheat Member

I think that is one of the most important pieces that you can purchase for a nitro, yea there not full proof but they sure do help. Also a return spring from the carb. to the motor mount is a good idea,#@$% I love this hobby.
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

ya its insurance for your rc
  7. rustler

rustler Member

man i was just out driving my car and not only did i loose all steering power but when the car got like 50yds away from me i had not control on it , it would just sit there and then when i was going and tried to hit the brakes or turn it wouldnt do anything and ended up goin full-speed right into my woods, then when i broght it back to look at it the remote said my batteries were low so i put 8 new AA in and the mother fuc@#$% thing wouldnt do anything when a pulled the trottle or tried to turn and no its not the batteries in the car i had just put new ones in, and i looked to find a bad connection and there was none if anyone anyone has any idea as to why its doing this then please tell me any help or advise is greatly needed.
    thanx
  8. redheat

redheat Member

Sounds like with all the banging around that your doing you might have messed up your crystal in your RX box. Are you sure that the batteries in the truck are good ,4.5 volts dont cut it.
  9. rustler

rustler Member

what do you mean banging around and yes the batteries are good it is my reciever or control because i have a hard time getting a signal and i i tor a gear or something then either the steering or throttle wouldnt work so it has to do with the electronics i'm calling hpi on monday and sending both my reciever and remote to them and getting it fixed
  10. redheat

redheat Member

fixing it takes a crystal set, can be purchased for about 10.bux. Banging around is in reference to bashing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.