which to buy ? hpi / traxxas

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by skidilydidily1, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redheat

redheat Member

If your interested in a 1/8 scale the mammoth is a good truck. Nice big 24.7 engine, 23.4" long thats alot of truck for under 400. They clam it well go about 52 mph.
  2. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

the maxx and savage have the same top speed stock. and the only times i have heard of broken dogbones is when you put a more powerful motor ina nd do some heavy crawling. if that rusty is better then it must have a few modifications.the savy didnt just come out.its been out for a while buit not as long as the maxx. the maxx is the same basic concept as when it first came out. i htink the savy has some better design qualities. the savy parts are just as easy to find as maxx and the aftermarket is just as big. the biggest rims are made by imex and are called the jumbo kongs.they are 8.5 inch wheels
  3. rustler

rustler Member

hey monster with your savage how fast did it go when you first got it, i just got mine and havent tuned it but should it still only go around 15mph
  4. redheat

redheat Member

start leaning it out, read that book
  5. redheat

redheat Member

Sorry monster didnt mean to jump the gun.
  6. rustler

rustler Member

i did read the book i'm just curios as to how his did at first
  7. crazycuteguy016

crazycuteguy016 Member

hey monster, you are realyy getting on my nerves. My Rustler is heavily modified. The savage out the box oonly does about 30. The t-maxx goes a little over 40. This is because the Savage comes out the box on a one speed where as the t-maxx has a two speed. I have raced many savages with my electric rustler and that's how i know they are so slow. My rustler has dirthawgs out back and regular egde treads up front. It has my custom lift on it. it has an Intellispeed 8 turn esc w/ reverse. (reverse gets turned off when it's race day) It has a 3300 mah battery. A nightmare chassis that you made a smart a** comment towards in the last forum and i still have many backup motors. Test me if you want. My rustler is clocked in at about 43 mph and my 4 tec is even faster. Meet me one day and i'll blast you on any terrain.
  8. rustler

rustler Member

accualy after tuning the savage 225 it will go 40+ now its a different story whith the 21, that goes 33 out of the box so either tell which one your talking about or read alittle better and find out wether your right or not.
  9. rustler

rustler Member

savage 25*
  10. monsterrcbuilder04

dude all you had to say was it had lots of mods and i would have just been like sweet. the 25 definatly does go 40 and the 21 around 33 just as rustler said. how many tamks have you ran throiught it? after 5 or 6 you should be hitting around 40
  11. rustler

rustler Member

ive ran through about 4 and right now my high speed needle is at 3 3/4 instead of 4 1/2 and i'm going to take it down to 3 is that alright
  12. rustler

rustler Member

the weird thing is that when i go and hit full speed for like 5 seconds it will start off real fast but then it will start to slow down is that normal
  13. redheat

redheat Member

Monster think his truck is running a little on the hot side?
  14. rustler

rustler Member

i got it going full speed now thanx for the advise and help guys i really love it the savage is a great truck
  15. monsterrcbuilder04

ya you really shouldnt of been hiting it full throttle even for 5 seconds.it might have overheated a little.
  16. redheat

redheat Member

sounds like your having a good time, go get a temp gun there cheap .
  17. rustler

rustler Member

have one already
  18. redheat

redheat Member

What fuel are you running , whats your temp?
  19. rustler

rustler Member

i'm running 20% blue thunder through it and the temp is right around 200ish. but now i'm starting to have some problem, i keep losing control of my steering, like every once and a while i wont be able to turn left and then i cant turn left, its not my batteries or the range i cant figure it out
  20. redheat

redheat Member

Check the connection ,servo to RX box. Blue Thunder is good, rest your piston at the bottom of cylinder and use after run oil when done with truck. Hope ypu have a failsafe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.