which software?

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by rullow, Aug 26, 2005.

1. rullow

rullow New Member

I want to start with my own designs, and i am looking for some freeware programs and i still cant find the good one. If you know about somethig- please let me know :wink:
    Thanks... P.S:- sorry for my english, but i hope that you will understand :D
  2. rullow

rullow New Member

I want to start with my own designs, and i am looking for some freeware programs and i still cant find the good one. If you know about somethig- please let me know :wink:
    Thanks... P.S:- sorry for my english, but i hope that you will understand :D
  3. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

4. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

5. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Rullow, Wunwinglow,

well, let me also offeer a program that I use, ANIM8OR. It has duel function, one as a design program whose creations can be unfolded by pepakura, and as an animation program.
    Some of the featured offered by this program are:

3D Modeler - Create and modify 3D models. Built-in primitives such as spheres, cylinders, platonic solids, etc.; mesh-edit and subdivision; splines, extrusion, lathing, modifiers, bevel and warps,
    TrueType font support - 2D and 3D extruded text for any TrueType font.
    OpenGL based real time operation,
    Import and modify .3DS (3D Studio), .LWO (Lightwave), and .OBJ (Wavefront) object files,
    Export .3DS files,
    Built in 3D Object browser,
    Jointed character editor,
    Morph targets,

Anti-aliased software renderer for high quality, production quality images,
    Create 3D scenes and animations and output .AVI movie files, .JPG and .BMP images,
    Supports textures, bump maps, soft shadows, spotlights, fog, and much more,
    Texture support for .BMP, .GIF, and .JPG format files,
    Print images of scenes and models.

Now cardmodelers wont use all these features, but the ones you dont use are fun to play with lol.
    ******One thing about this program that really impresses me is that they also offer a comprehensive instrucion manual covering any question about the product you could ask. The manual is approx 100 pages in .pdf format and is very "in depth" yet easy to understand and follow.
    It runs on all Operating systems 95 to present, and the user manual comes in several languages such as: English, Czech, portuguese, spanish, and french.
    To look this program over, go to this link:

http://www.anim8or.com/main/index.html

then click "download" on the left side to go to the download area. Again, be sure to download the usermanual in that it will be of great help to you and accelerate your enjoyment of the program.
    You will be designing simple things within an hour after download I am sure even if you have no previous experience with other 3d modeling programs.
    If anyone else tries this program, I would love to hear your thoughts on it as to its simplicity or difficulty.
    Like I said above, the designs you create with this program can be unfolded with pepakura.

Have a good day and hope this helps,

Greg aka GW
  6. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Rullow, Wunwinglow,

well, let me also offeer a program that I use, ANIM8OR. It has duel function, one as a design program whose creations can be unfolded by pepakura, and as an animation program.
    Some of the featured offered by this program are:

3D Modeler - Create and modify 3D models. Built-in primitives such as spheres, cylinders, platonic solids, etc.; mesh-edit and subdivision; splines, extrusion, lathing, modifiers, bevel and warps,
    TrueType font support - 2D and 3D extruded text for any TrueType font.
    OpenGL based real time operation,
    Import and modify .3DS (3D Studio), .LWO (Lightwave), and .OBJ (Wavefront) object files,
    Export .3DS files,
    Built in 3D Object browser,
    Jointed character editor,
    Morph targets,

Anti-aliased software renderer for high quality, production quality images,
    Create 3D scenes and animations and output .AVI movie files, .JPG and .BMP images,
    Supports textures, bump maps, soft shadows, spotlights, fog, and much more,
    Texture support for .BMP, .GIF, and .JPG format files,
    Print images of scenes and models.

Now cardmodelers wont use all these features, but the ones you dont use are fun to play with lol.
    ******One thing about this program that really impresses me is that they also offer a comprehensive instrucion manual covering any question about the product you could ask. The manual is approx 100 pages in .pdf format and is very "in depth" yet easy to understand and follow.
    It runs on all Operating systems 95 to present, and the user manual comes in several languages such as: English, Czech, portuguese, spanish, and french.
    To look this program over, go to this link:

http://www.anim8or.com/main/index.html

then click "download" on the left side to go to the download area. Again, be sure to download the usermanual in that it will be of great help to you and accelerate your enjoyment of the program.
    You will be designing simple things within an hour after download I am sure even if you have no previous experience with other 3d modeling programs.
    If anyone else tries this program, I would love to hear your thoughts on it as to its simplicity or difficulty.
    Like I said above, the designs you create with this program can be unfolded with pepakura.

Have a good day and hope this helps,

Greg aka GW
  7. rullow

rullow New Member

Thank you very much- I will try it :-D
  8. rullow

rullow New Member

Thank you very much- I will try it :-D
  9. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Rullow,

Well, Like I said, I use it, and while I was looking for the link to suggest it to you I realized that the manual also came in a czech language version so, I thought that may be something that might be of benifit to you.
    The fact that the program has an in depth instruction manual is what really got me interested, its hard to find any free modeling programs with easy to learn instructions or any instructions for that matter.
    But, try it out and let me know how you like it. Like I said, it has lots of features that I will never use, like the animation features, but not using them means I dont have to learn how to use them which means I could start modeling faster lol.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  10. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Rullow,

Well, Like I said, I use it, and while I was looking for the link to suggest it to you I realized that the manual also came in a czech language version so, I thought that may be something that might be of benifit to you.
    The fact that the program has an in depth instruction manual is what really got me interested, its hard to find any free modeling programs with easy to learn instructions or any instructions for that matter.
    But, try it out and let me know how you like it. Like I said, it has lots of features that I will never use, like the animation features, but not using them means I dont have to learn how to use them which means I could start modeling faster lol.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW