which is better???

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by alienboy, Dec 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timrock

timrock Active Member

yes you can because the motor i sugested is a 14 turn.you can use all of them;of what you mention.
  2. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Ok,I am having a tough time picking about these ESC's...I know I am getting the Tower Hobbies Speed Secrets 14t motor...do you have a suggetion on what ESC..I thought about it,and i dont care it it doesnt have reverse. I have a Rocket Pack 2400 nicd battery in now,just to mention.
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

4. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Ok,Is it ok to keep the bettery I have it now or get a new one?
  5. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

or get the hump pirahana battery?
  6. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

So....I am Getting the Streak ESC, Tower Hobbies Speed Secrets 14t motor. Do I need A new battery? If so,which one?
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

no.you dont need a new battery.you can use the one you have but you should get better conectors.go to www.towerhobbies.com and find Sermose Connectors.buy those along with you ESC.
  8. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

I cant find them anywhere on tower hobbies...can you help me?
    thanks
  9. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Sermose? I cant find those connectors on tower hobbies.
  10. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Can anyone else help me???
  11. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

hellllllooooooo
  12. Steve M

Steve M Member

I've gone through all of the messages in this thread and I am still not clear on your problem AJG366. Sounds like you have an electric truck and want to upgrade the Electronic Speed Control (ESC) to something that can handle a low turn mod motor but also has reverse. Have I got that right?

If you want a top line ESC that can handle low wind mod motors AND has reverse then you may want to consider the LRP Quantum Pro Reverse ESC. It can take motors as low as 7 turns and still has reverse. It won't be cheap but it will do what you are looking for. The Duratrax Streak is a nice ESC as well but it won't handle low wind motors. It should be fine on a 19T motor like the Trinity Chameleon or any of the other 19T motors. Going lower might give you more problems than you think as a low wind mod motor will put high stress on your transmission and gears.

You also seem to be asking about your battery pack. I understand you have a 6-cell 2400mAh NiCad pack as well but you don't mention what charger you use. If your charger can only do NiCad battery packs then you should be fine. If you have a charger capable of charging both NiCad and NiMH packs then you may want to look into purchasing a new 3300 NiMH battery pack. These offer slightly longer run times than a NiCad pack and don't need to be discharged. Again, these will cost a bit more.
  13. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Ok...thanks for all that SteveM. I have a charger that handles only NI-CD,I dont NEED a ESC that has reverse,but I will look into the one you recomended. thanks
  14. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Wile I will be making thses orders....I might as well get new tires,I cant pick between the Masher 2000's or the Dirt Hawgs.Anybody use any of these,and would recommend them?
  15. timrock

timrock Active Member

im going to have to disagree with Steve.the Streak speed control can handle the motor he has ordered and can handle 12turn motors with 10 cells.if you tryed that with the speed control he suggested,it would burn out.the only thing is that the Streak doesnt have reverse but it costs only $39.99

also when he says winds he is actualy refering to the turns.the winds are not what he is talking about.

also i disagree with what he says about `low wind motors` (actualy meaning low turn motors)he says they put high stress on gears but with a slipper clutch that wont be a problem.

i have that transmision in my RC and i took out the pegs from the slipper clutch now it is fully engaged and when geared low enough and traction is up it pulls the front of the truck off the ground.somtimes pulls wheelies so high,the truck flips over.the gears can handle it.
  16. timrock

timrock Active Member

17. Trashcanoccupant449

Trashcanoccupant449 Member

I think what steve was saying (not to put words in his mouth) is that the actual transmission and gears might not be able to handle the high stress that a low turn motor can produce and that the streak can actually handle lower turn motors than a 19t but the truck might not be able to handle it. (sorry steve if this isnt what you meant)
  18. timrock

timrock Active Member

i know he meant turns but said winds.i just wanted to clear that up so that wouldnt confuse the guy that doesnt have the expetice as someone like me or Steve.

also i have that kit that were are talking about and i beat the crap out of it.its pretty tough.
  19. Trashcanoccupant449

Trashcanoccupant449 Member

wow, way to be humble tim.
  20. timrock

timrock Active Member

why the sarcasm?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.