which is better???

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by alienboy, Dec 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timrock

timrock Active Member

ill check it out and make a suggestion but it is not good for the motor to go in reverse with a hot motor like this one.
    when i run my car i never go in reverse.......
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

3. Trashcanoccupant449

Trashcanoccupant449 Member

I was wondering if I could stick that tower hobbies 14t quad in my Kyosho Ultima, I would also be buying a new speed control (probably the Duratrax Streak forward/brake hi-freq). I have a mechanical speed control in there now with the stock 20t motor and I've beee wanting to upgrade forever. I was also looking at the Trinity Speed Gems 2 12t double (diamond), and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about them http://www.krcproducts.com/products/motors/motors.htm
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

the first two have reverse and you can still use the motor and battery i suggested but you can not run as many cells as the one without reverse and they cost more.without reverse for $39.99,you can run up to 10 cells!with a fast motor!
    however,the third one i suggested is a really good one.it can also handle 10 cells with the mod motor and HAS REVERSE.but it costs alOt.....but you get what you pay for.
  5. timrock

timrock Active Member

yes you CAN use the Tower Hobbies 14turn in your Ultima!it is cheaper in price than the speed gems.i would recommend the streak speed control the 14 turn tower hobbies motor and a 7 cell battery pack for your Ultima as i did for (A G J 3 3 6)`S stock Rustler.go to page 2 for the links to them all.it is cheap,easy to install everything and it will make your car much much Faster and more fun.it is a great upgrade combo.and later on if you want to go even faster you can run more cells.up to 10 cells with the Mod motor!thats alot of POWER to play with.
  6. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

So maybe Ill just get that one...Thanks for the help
  7. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Where do you mostly run? Dirt,Street,Grass?
  8. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

I mean I might get the one that you recomended that didnt have reverse..but Im not sure what I would do with out reverse???
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

well if you race at an off road track, they usualy dont alow reverse to be used in a orginized race.
    im usualy out in the street or in a parking lot with mine.i also ,sometimes,take it out on the road and follow behind it while sitting in the passenger seat of my girlfriend`s car.i stick the antenna out the window.
  10. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

But the only thing though is to back out of situations that I am stuck...But I am able to go and turn it around I guess.
  11. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

12. timrock

timrock Active Member

Good battery but i dont think it is for you.you need a certine type of charger for that.that is a NMH.you probably have one for Nicad batteries only.i still suggest to go with the combo that i originaly suggested.true,no reverse,but instead of walking to the car to turn it around,get better at driving so that you dont get into a situation where you need reverse.unless you can fit that Super Rooster ESC in you buget.i wouldnt get those other ones with reverse where you can only use up to 6-7 cells.i would much rather have an ESC that can handle 10 cells instead of one that cant but has reverse.
    also,dont forget,using reverse takes life out of the motor.they are designed to spin only one way.
  13. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Will the hump one fit in the rustler? I dont know how hight the hump will be...does it fit?
  14. timrock

timrock Active Member

YES.of course it will.i know what kit you have.i posted the links.getting those exact items is what i recommend for you.
  15. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP..I WILL TRY TO DO ALL THIS...
  16. timrock

timrock Active Member

IF/WHEN YOU DO AND AFTER YOU RUN THE CAR LET ME KNOW.
  17. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

THAT I WILL DO
  18. timrock

timrock Active Member

19. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

OK...I am back and i thought...can i get the super rooster reversible,the tower hobbies Speed Secret 14t motor and a Rocket Pack 2400 Ni-Cd battery?
  20. A J G 3 6 6

A J G 3 6 6 Member

Am I able to use the Leopard...its turns limit is 12
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.